Gibson Brands Forums

GFS Pickups

guitargreg1993

I just put a GFS Modern Vintage Lil Puncher in the bridge position of my MIM Tele and so far I like it. I've not taken it to band practice yet. But yeah so far so good.

I would NOT rule out the idea that a Seymour will always sound better because unless you are comparing pups side by side it's hard to hear a difference.

Yes, I have actually used their pickups quite a bit, though mostly their single coils. I

have only one of their humbuckers the VEH (Van Halen model). It's a great pup for heavy

rock sounds. I would compare it favorably to the many Duncans I have owned over the last

20 years (including the JB, the Custom, Pearly Gates, and the '59).

thanks for the responses everyone! [thumbup]

Yes, I have actually used their pickups quite a bit, though mostly their single coils. I

have only one of their humbuckers the VEH (Van Halen model). It's a great pup for heavy

rock sounds. I would compare it favorably to the many Duncans I have owned over the last

20 years (including the JB, the Custom, Pearly Gates, and the '59).

do you happen to have any sound clips on your youtube page of the VEH? what guitar are they in?

Anyone use GFS pickups?? I'm thinking about changing the pups on my SG, and I like how these are cheap.... if anyone has experience with them, how do you like them? How do they sound compared to Seymour Duncan, etc.??

First, you must ask your self the question, why?

What sound do you wanne have, that the stock pick-ups from Gibson can't give?

GFS are good pick-ups for the money, but not as good as SD or Dimarzio etc.

do you happen to have any sound clips on your youtube page of the VEH? what guitar are they in?

Yeah, the VEH is in my homemade tung oil "strat". The clip with the Brat pedal has that

guitar in it. Unfortunately it is recorded with the lap top mic. [scared] I'll see if I can do

something better for you. It's a great sounding pickup. In fact I have a buddy who's repertoire

pretty much consists of Van Halen I and II and it's his favorite guitar of mine to play because

of that pickup.

Archived