Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Straps

Hype

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get your opinions on guitar straps. What type of straps do you guys use? Gibson or non-Gibson. Which guitar straps are the most fashionable or have the best designs. What are the different types of guitar strap makers (I only know of Levy's, Get'm Get'm, Fender, Gibson are there any others)?

Guitar straps are an important accessory to your guitar, and selecting one depending on the type of guitar you are using can be a tedious process. I find most guitar straps look cheesey and don't suit the vast majority of guitars out there, unless of course you go with a boring plain one.

My favourite guitar strap in my collection, that I'm currently using only for my Gibson J-200 is the 'Get'm Get'm Deluxe Round' (see pic below). It would go well on any Gibson Sunburst acoustic.

Hype

post-28365-091707100 1297271274_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I make my own,

I go down to the local leather shop in Camden, London and buy a XXL leather belt then cut it to the length I want strap lock it and punch in whatever studs or designs I want

thats one of my straps in my profile picture

2 1/2" leather straps with staploks. Wider appears to distributes the weight for a better comfort fit. So far I have been attracted to the simplistic design and price of the Planet Waves leather straps. Usually under $20.

Think I will take a huge leap of faith and get a ..... 3" leather strap.... next. I am so out of control.

• 1 month later...

The very top of the line Taylor Strap, comes in about 4 or 5 different colors is really heavy duty made,and has a real nice deep tooled design, it's slighty expensive It's been a while since I bought mine, but I believe it was $69.00 but a good strap will last along time, and I would recommend strap locks as their well worth the price you pay, to help protect the guitar from falling!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived