Gibson Brands Forums

Update for GG (all welcome)

ol fred

Karen, new pics are up. http://www.flickr.co...ith/5428030363/ Since the last ones were posted the room has seen it's first coat of drywall tape and mud, hardly worth new pics to show that.

My wounded fingers are healing enough to let me play again (time available) but the drywall mud seems to suck every bit of moisture from your skin, my hands now feel as though they are made of 80 grit sandpaper!

Couple of days break from the construction waiting for the mud to dry and then repeat the whole process one more time before texture and paint....three weeks until cabinets are delivered, once I see that I will begin to believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you for the update! Oooh, you've been working hard, as evidenced by those photos! But it sure is paying off, doncha think? Looks good! I helped an old boyfriend do mudding on a wall once. It's a lot harder than it looks. It's really kind of an artform! Glad to hear you're getting some leisure time in there. The best thing I have ever found for dry cracked skin is diaper cream. Yes, you read that right. [biggrin] Go to the baby department of any department or grocery store and buy zinc oxide cream, aka diaper rash cream. It works great! [thumbup]

Karen, new pics are up. http://www.flickr.co...ith/5428030363/ Since the last ones were posted the room has seen it's first coat of drywall tape and mud, hardly worth new pics to show that.

My wounded fingers are healing enough to let me play again (time available) but the drywall mud seems to suck every bit of moisture from your skin, my hands now feel as though they are made of 80 grit sandpaper!

Couple of days break from the construction waiting for the mud to dry and then repeat the whole process one more time before texture and paint....three weeks until cabinets are delivered, once I see that I will begin to believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I fid that the 'liquid bandage' stuff works well to heal and soothe those cracks on fingers. The dry weather of winter causes me to get splits on the corners of my thumbs. Painfull and aggravating!

Good job on your remodel. Thats a LOT of work, Rod

I guess no one here grew up on a farm. If you really want something to fix dry cracked hands or a sunburn or a squeaky tractor seat just go to the feed store and get a tin of "Bag Balm". Its main use is for sunburned utters but it's sort of like duct tape. It will work anywhere.

Archived