Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Goddess

Shelley

Hi!!

I am looking for some opinions and some help. My daughter is 10yrs old. She has been playing guitar for about 9 months now. She is doing well. My grandfather is so happy that she is playing that he has offered the best electic guitar money can buy. I have done some research on the net, and found that a Les Paul Goddess might be a very good guitar for a young girl.

So does anybody have any opinions on that?

And does anybody know where I might be able to find a used one? Violet Burst color!

And maybe some info. on what a good used guitar might cost?

Hi!!

I am looking for some opinions and some help. My daughter is 10yrs old. She has been playing guitar for about 9 months now. She is doing well. My grandfather is so happy that she is playing that he has offered the best electic guitar money can buy. I have done some research on the net, and found that a Les Paul Goddess might be a very good guitar for a young girl.

And does anybody know where I might be able to find a used one? Violet Burst color!

Les Paul Goddess is nice but if you want the best money can buy, why not go for the full blown Les Paul Standard or if you can find a used Classic Antique. Check some internet dealers like Sweetwater or First Quality Music, they may be able to help you out. If you're thinking about the Goddess because she is only 10, that's fine, but remember, she will grow and a Les Paul will last a lifetime. Look for one with a 60's profile neck, it is slimmer and probably the best fit for a young girl's hands.

I’m not an expert at this but I believe Gibson Goddess guitars have become rather rare, it’s a discontinued product. Sure it might be considered a girls guitar but anyone can own one.

A ten year olds interest's can change in a week. Your grandfather’s offer is very generous, but he may not be ready for this price. You’d be buying a used guitar for a lot of money, with no amp.

Take her to the music store buy something she likes and have her grow with a nice new guitar/amp as her skills develop. If it’s not fun the learning may suffer and slow down.

But by all means, if you can find a purple one, good luck.

As has been mentioned, the Goddess range is no longer on offer so finding one - especially if you are going to be choosy about the colour - might require some patience and effort from yourself.

The guitars themselves are very good. They are a fair bit lighter and also slightly smaller than a regular Les Paul - both in regards to frontal aspect and thickness - so for a 10-y-old it would be a sensible Les Paul to buy.

As far as the neck profile (thickness) is concerned you should have no worries. It seems that the necks were about the slimmest ever used on a Gibson electric. I've only played one example of a Goddess but it had a wand-slim neck.

As far as price goes; all you can do is check out the usual s/h options in your area. The instruments are becoming slightly sought-after in some markets as players discover just how good they were.

The up-side of this is that if, at some point, your daughter loses interest in playing the guitar it should be relatively easy to sell and the price difference from purchase to sale shouldn't be a worry.

Good luck!

P.

I bought a goddess for my wife last year. The guitar is very light, and the neck profile is very slim which is great for smaller hands. The goddess are kind of rare now, but there is also the "vixen" line, which is like the studio les paul, it has the same neck profile and weight as a goddess but it has a rosewood fretboard and no binding and cost around $500 - $1k. There is a vixen on ebay at this very moment, search for "gibson vixen"...

The one drawback is that there is no abr style bridge for intonation adjustment, the tailstop serves as a wrap around stationary bridge.

Good luck.

• 6 years later...

Hi!!

HI! I have a 2007 Gibson Les Paul Goddess in Violet Burst for sale...MINT CONDITION!!!! $4000 Contact ambergma@msn for pics and info if you are still interested! :)

HI! I have a 2007 Gibson Les Paul Goddess in Violet Burst for sale...MINT CONDITION!!!! $4000 Contact ambergma@msn for pics and info if you are still interested! :)

Sorry, $3950 is the best I'll do on that.

rct

I would look for something smaller/lighter than a LP, I think the SG model would be better, they did make a GODDESS SG, but like the LP model it's discontinued, I would look at the 61 reissue, best is to take her to a store and let her play and feel

That’s what I was thinking too. I don’t know anything about the “Goddess” model but if it’s of normal LP weight that’s too heavy for a young girl.

I would go for an SG or a LP Junior. If I had a kid wanting to learn though I’d probably get them a Squire Strat for their first guitar. Cheap and light.

I know. 4 grand? I mean, ask what you like, I s'pose but you're going to be waiting a long time for that fool to come along.

Yeah, I had never even heard of a LP Goddess untilt his thread and I just went to Reverb to see what they were going for, one is around a grand (headstock repair) and the other is the aforementioned $4,000 violet Goddess lol.

I know when collectibility comes into the picture prices can get wonky but $4,000?

Archived