Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Supernova with Upgrades for Sale

Hello Epiphone forum.

I recently purchased a heavily upgraded Supernova in cherry, which I acquired with a view to saving a bit of money on upgrading my existing Supernova to the same specification. Manufactured at the Peerless factory in June 1997.

Unfortunately, I can't bear to sell my original Supernova (I've had it since I was 18), so have decided to revert back to this guitar and sell the one I bought recently. This may seem odd, but in my mind, this seemed a logical idea at the time and actually not a bad deal considering the hardware that's in it.

So, here she is, for sale. A run down on the upgraded hardware:

1. Matched set of Seymour Duncan '59 Humbucker Pickups, with Nickel Covers.
  2. 4 x CTS log tapered pots with Gibson USA black top hat knobs, identical to the originals, but a USA fit.
  3. Gibson USA three way selector switch, with wiring harness.
  4. Switchcraft USA jack.
  5. 2-Pac lacquered pickup guard, lacquered over the top of the original to prevent Noel's signature from wearing off.
  6. Supernova truss rod cover replaced with white "E" Epiphone cover, which I'm told is to replicate the Japanese Riveria that Noel played.

Guitar has been highly polished using carnauba wax, which creates a real shine.

The only minor blemishes to the overall appearance are three small scratches on the back, all under an inch in size. The previous owner said he had been quoted around £30 to have these filled in. I did try and photograph these, but my camera wouldn't pick them up. The light isn't brilliant at this time of the year. Other than that, for a guitar thats now approaching 14 years old, it's in brilliant condition. No tarnishing to the hardware. All in perfect condition.

No fretwear, with a well oiled fretboard.

Seeing is believing of course, so I've taken a few pictures:

P3060298.jpg

Additional pictures here: http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j338/bongobob13/Epiphone%20Supernova/

All the original parts are also included in the sale, minus the original Epiphone pickups. Guitar also comes with a hard case, not the original Epiphone one, but just as good quality.

As you guys will know, the pickups alone are worth £150 a set. My original supernova without any upgraded hardware cost me £500.

All I'm really after is what I paid for it, £675. PM me if you're interested or if you require any further information/pictures [thumbup]

Thanks,

Jacob.

Man that's one NICE guitar!

I think if I were you, even though you have one, I'd keep it!

(I've really got to start taking my GAS pills.........)

Nice, if you were on this side of the pond and I didn't just get my Viking Deluxe I'd snag that, I love that finish [thumbup]

Man that's one NICE guitar!

I think if I were you, even though you have one, I'd keep it!

(I've really got to start taking my GAS pills.........)

I perhaps would do, except for the fact that my original is in exactly the same finish [biggrin]

It's a shame I've got to sell her, for sure. No takers so far though [sad]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You could throw some P94s or Phat Cats in there & have a significantly different sound, or maybe wait for a good trade?

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion bobouz. At the moment I've just got two of the same guitar, so I'd rather have something different. She's still for sale if anyone out there is interested. Sensible offers welcome. I'd rather not have to pay Ebay ridculous listing fees, but it's starting to look that way [crying]

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a huge Oasis fan and I absolutely love this guitar. I think it looks much better than the blue or Union Jack models. I've only seen a few of the red ones before. If I wasn't broke and in the middle of moving, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived