Gibson Brands Forums

Two weeks of no gibson..

chase1410

I had to go two weeks with no Gibson...I have no idea why but, whenever I tried to get on the forums id get an [ERROR:2000] page...I was beginning to withdrawl... [crying]..During the two weeks I've done some mods to my ThunderHorse Explorer..and got a sweet new Plum Crazy pedal..ill be sure to post up tomorrow. Glad to be back [thumbup]

Hey man. I wasn't on the forum much the past couple weeks either.

What mods did you do on your Explorer? What Plum Crazy pedal did you get and how do you like it?

There's not much new here although I pulled the trigger on an El Capistan the other day. I know how you like the El Cap...

Hey man. I wasn't on the forum much the past couple weeks either.

What mods did you do on your Explorer? What Plum Crazy pedal did you get and how do you like it?

There's not much new here although I pulled the trigger on an El Capistan the other day. I know how you like the El Cap...

I put a custom stainless steel PG on my explorer, and a SS custom TRC. I also got a one of a kind Treble Treble Boost (similar to the Squawk)..it uses an OC71 and man does it spit out some nasty boost...its unlike any other boost pedal I've had before and I love it..I'm going to take some pics tomorrow of everything and post a couple topics..so you finally got an El Capitan...thats badass....I'm not sure if it's new but everyone is demoing the Strymon Brigadier Delay, but I prefer the El Capitan..My question to you is how do you like it? Your getting quite the pedalboard Dub!

I put a custom stainless steel PG on my explorer, and a SS custom TRC. I also got a one of a kind Treble Treble Boost (similar to the Squawk)..it uses an OC71 and man does it spit it some nast boost...its unlike any other boost pedal I've had before and I love it..I'm going to take some pics tomorrow of everything and post a couple topics..so you finally got an El Capitan...thats badass....I'm not sure if it's new but everyone is demoing the Strymon Brigadier Delay, but I prefer the El Capitan..My question to you is how do you like it? Your getting quite the pedalboard Dub!

Damn you guys and your outrageous amounts of money [crying]

I can't wait to see the Explorer. That thing looks awesome and I'm not really a big Explorer fan.

The OC71 is a Ge transistor isn't it? Now you've got me thinking about treble boosters...

I don't have the El Cap yet. It should have been shipped out today so I should have it within a couple days. The Brigadier looks really cool but I was really looking for the tape echo sound of the El Capistan. Of course I wouldn't mind having a Brigadier too. I can't wait to record some sweet lo-fi loops with the sound on sound recording.

I can't wait to see the Explorer. That thing looks awesome and I'm not really a big Explorer fan.

The OC71 is a Ge transistor isn't it? Now you've got me thinking about treble boosters...

I don't have the El Cap yet. It should have been shipped out today so I should have it within a couple days. The Brigadier looks really cool but I was really looking for the tape echo sound of the El Capistan. Of course I wouldn't mind having a Brigadier too. I can't wait to record some sweet lo-fi loops with the sound on sound recording.

where'd you buy from? I'm not quite sure if its Ge or not, I know its the exact transistor that was used in the old Rangemasters though. It really shines, when you kick in an OD or set your amp anywhere from low-mid gain to mid-high gain and it just sends your signal to other level...The maker is making 9 more similar to mine, but they will not have an OC71. And he wasn't sure what he was going to call them yet. You gotta let me know how you like the Capitan..thats a real winner of a pedal, and make sure to never sell that thing.

I got it from the buy/sell/trade section of another forum. Same place I got like half of my pedals from haha.

He should call it the pebble shooster. Now you've got me thinking I should try to build a Rangemaster clone or something.

I'll post a thread about the El Cap when I get it. Haha I don't plan on selling it but the El Capistans are definately easy to sell.

Archived