Gibson Brands Forums

I want one of these headhones...

dem00n

I have a set that is a sibling of those. Pioneer SE-450 with R and L volume pots. The muff cans are upholstered in a black leatherette, backed by foam so they have a bit of cush. It probably affords some sound deadening from the outside world. The over the head bar on mine is wider, but other than that it is identical to the one demoon shows. I love it. Lately, though, the pots are spotty, and probably need cleaning. I'm going to open it up, however, to get the cleaning fluid in there. I bought it on a garage sale for, I think, $2.

It has the original box too. Not sure how old it is. I've heard you can date guitars by their pots. I'm sure the same procedure can be done for the headphone pots. Someone educate me how to read headphone pots, please.

I have a set that is a sibling of those. Pioneer SE-504 with R and L volume pots. The muff cans are upholstered in a black leatherette, backed by foam so they have a bit of cush. It probably affords some sound deadening from the outside world. The over the head bar on mine is wider, but other than that it is identical to the one demoon shows. I love it. Lately, though, the pots are spotty, and probably need cleaning. I'm going to open it up, however, to get the cleaning fluid in there. I bought it on a garage sale for, I think, $2.

It has the original box too. Not sure how old it is. I've heard you can date guitars by their pots. I'm sure the same procedure can be done for the headphone pots. Someone educate me how to read headphone pots, please.

I have a pair very similar to what you are describing to us..

Mine are a med. brown in color, and the cups are a dark brown in color..

Not sure of exact mode l # though..

I would have to hunt them down though to be sure...Research.gif

Archived