Gibson Brands Forums

Look What I Found!

Tman5293

So the other day, I walked into my local Half Price Books store and I was sifting through the old vinyl records there when I found this:

P4020080.jpg

They only wanted ten dollars for an original copy of the first album by The Jimi Hendrix Experience! There was no way I could pass that up. The best part is that it still plays and sounds great!

Just thought this was really cool so I couldn't resist sharing. msp_cool.gif

Cool find and a really Interesting record for collecting it's been printed so many times who knows what it's worth anymore? I've seen it as low as $6.00 and as high as $80.00 the liner is often the most valuable part so if you got the printed inner paper liner the numbers on that can tell you a lot about the value of your find. I was really surprised to see a new printing of that album in vinyl at Target a month or so back.

It's really fun to see what you can find though isn't it. Last saturday I was in a antique store with my wife and like usual I was digging thru albums and I found a almost perfect copy of Blind Faith with the nude girl cover, it had plastic on it still with a razor slit when I pulled it out the inner sleeve looks like it's been autographed by Eric Clapton and I'm guessing Ginger Baker (hard to tell) when I took it up front the lady said $6.00 I was freaking amazed then she went on to tell me that she had almost thrown it away because of the "nasty" picture on the cover but she didn't because it was pretty old.

Glad she didn't through it away and glad to have it even if it is a disturbing cover to most people.

My first Hendrix album was Are You Experienced, of course. I bought it in a head shop, (The Trip), in the old down town Fort Lauderdale. When it first was released, in black light, the album cover glowed. Congrats! Great find for one of the most famous records ever recorded. I still have mine stored away. [thumbup]

Vinyl sounds far superior to evil digital.

Craig

I totally agree! msp_thumbup.gif

My first Hendrix album was Are You Experienced, of course. I bought it in a head shop, (The Trip), in the old down town Fort Lauderdale. When it first was released, in black light, the album cover glowed. Congrats! Great find for one of the most famous records ever recorded. I still have mine stored away. [thumbup]

Wow, I'm definitely going to find out whether mine glows in black light or not! I don't know if it would because it's so old and faded.

I saw The Beatles, Abbey Road on vinyl in Best Buy. I never thought I'd see that in vinyl again. It's like 1969 all over again.

I just happen to own that exact copy of Abbey Road from Best Buy. Love vinyls! msp_thumbup.gif

Maybe it didn't glow under a black light , but I remember I did LOL !!!!! Those years were all lit up !!!!!! [thumbup]

I wouldn't have wanted to have been a sophomore in high school during any other time. 1967 And on was magic. It was my time indeed! Strobe lights, black lights and the beginning of the monster amps. [thumbup]

Archived