Gibson Brands Forums

Fulltone '69 and Soul Bender are back

Dub-T-123

Evol - I want to hear that! Do you have any iphonable recordings?

http://www.myspace.com/dundrearies - Check out disappearing ink. I would crank that fuzz so know that it can clean up too and do a creamier tone if that is your thing.

Outside of that PM your mailing address and I'll sent you a copy of our two e.p.s or send me your email and I'll send you mp3 of the two songs that feature the Yardbox.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, you dig the Fuzz Factory now, and you can always get another Yardbox I guess

Tell that to my wife. She controls the bank account now.

Thinking about saving up and having Analog Man upgrade my FuzzFace to usable specs so I can have a decent Si fuzz in my arsenal.

Tell that to my wife. She controls the bank account now.

Thinking about saving up and having Analog Man upgrade my FuzzFace to usable specs so I can have a decent Si fuzz in my arsenal.

I'll talk to her, I do great with women, i only have two of my best female friends pissed at me now...

You could sell the fuzz face, people are all over those. You'd be at least halfway there to another Yardbox.

http://www.myspace.com/dundrearies - Check out disappearing ink. I would crank that fuzz so know that it can clean up too and do a creamier tone if that is your thing.

Outside of that PM your mailing address and I'll sent you a copy of our two e.p.s or send me your email and I'll send you mp3 of the two songs that feature the Yardbox.

I'll PM you in a minute. Thanks!

I don't know how much it costs to have Analogman mod a FF, but if it's expensive, I really recommend the Torn's Peaker for Si fuzz! Best Si fuzz I've ever heard by far. Better than a lot of Ge fuzz too IMO. And they're $100 new and you can get them used for like $70-$85 or so or get a kit from Devi.

I think I'm gonna stockpile as much fuzz as possible before I get married. I'm scurred.

Chase I've GASed for a Fuzzy Lady for a while now. Those sound sweet on all the demos!

I don't know how much it costs to have Analogman mod a FF, but if it's expensive, I really recommend the Torn's Peaker for Si fuzz! Best Si fuzz I've ever heard by far. Better than a lot of Ge fuzz too IMO. And they're $100 new and you can get them used for like $70-$85 or so or get a kit from Devi.

I think I'm gonna stockpile as much fuzz as possible before I get married. I'm scurred.

Chase I've GASed for a Fuzzy Lady for a while now. Those sound sweet on all the demos!

Gotta get that fuzz before your lady takes it away

Just contacted a local guy, Dr. Fretgood, and he said they do a Fuzz Face mod that includes better Ge tranies for $70. I am going to swing in and check one out.

Thats pretty steep but I guess it's actually fair when you consider the cost of good trannies.

I'd rather just get a better pedal for that price though.

Edit: lol are you modding what you've got to keep the wife off your trail?

Thats pretty steep but I guess it's actually fair when you consider the cost of good trannies.

I'd rather just get a better pedal for that price though.

well, 70 is a little cheaper than 200 for the yardbox, but if you sold it, I've seen em going for about 100 on CL.

Sell that ***** and get a yardbox! I;m living my GAS through you Jeremy!

Yes. I am also banking on this mod making it a gentler fuzz. If I need to freak on the squares I have my Fuzz Factory and Fuzzrite.

well, 70 is a little cheaper than 200 for the yardbox, but if you sold it, I've seen em going for about 100 on CL.

Sell that ***** and get a yardbox! I;m living my GAS through you Jeremy!

Have not had much luck selling pedals on CL. Ebay has been a better for me and I am trying to dump my Rotovibe so maybe I can round up the cash that way?

I didn't know you have a Fuzzrite too. That changes everything. Is it Ge or Si?

Ge, of course. Got my Ron Asheton sound right there if I want it. The pedal has one, maybe two sweet spots, but those are just what the doctor ordered.

Which ones the rotovibe? don't tell me its that awesome purple reverb pedal thing...

No. The Rotovibe sits on a shelve unused because it is a big tone suck.

The Rotovibe is a poor man's Univibe in a gas pedal casing. The vibrato is the only usable mode.

Ge, of course. Got my Ron Asheton sound right there if I want it. The pedal has one, maybe two sweet spots, but those are just what the doctor ordered.

Damn dude I'm jealous. Do you know what year it was made?

I'd much rather have a pedal that has two settings that sound ****ing awesome than one with a million settings that sound so so.

Do you know what year it was made?

Not sure, but because it is a Ge version I think it is early in their production. Later ones, like a lot of fuzzes in the seventies, were Si.

Went to the shop last night and tried that Arbiter Fuzz Face clone. Wow! A low gain fuzz with very musical sounds. Liked it at all turns of the fuzz knob; gritty like a gravel road with a touch of Velcro. Gonna have them do a full swap of my Fuzz Face's board so the tranies and resistors match. He said my pedal had one Ge and one Si tranies. Weird, eh? Makes me think someone really tried to Frankenstein this pedal.

Dude I'm jealous of the Fuzzrite. Nice! If you ever want to sell it, hit me up!

I'm sure it will be much better to just swap out the whole board. Those Dunlop Fuzz Faces really aren't very good. That's interesting that it's a Ge/Si hybrid. Was it modded? Did you find out what the trannies were?

By the way I just played a Zvex Seek Wah and the knobs all work backwards on it like your Yardbox. Super sweet pedal btw.

Not sure, but because it is a Ge version I think it is early in their production. Later ones, like a lot of fuzzes in the seventies, were Si.

Went to the shop last night and tried that Arbiter Fuzz Face clone. Wow! A low gain fuzz with very musical sounds. Liked it at all turns of the fuzz knob; gritty like a gravel road with a touch of Velcro. Gonna have them do a full swap of my Fuzz Face's board so the tranies and resistors match. He said my pedal had one Ge and one Si tranies. Weird, eh? Makes me think someone really tried to Frankenstein this pedal.

people did a lot of stupid stuff in the late 60s/early 70s

Archived