Gibson Brands Forums

Coolest music from a video game?

Kimbabig

Fallout and Oblvion have great songs, just goes along with the game. Also the "real" songs they put in fallout 3 and new vegas are a sweet bonus...

Ahhh! You reminded me of the songlist available in Battlefield: Vietnam! You could blare them out of the choppers as you flew....

1. Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Fortunate Son"
  2. Edwin Starr - "War"
  3. Martha and the Vandellas - "Nowhere to Run" -
  4. The Troggs - "Wild Thing"
  5. Rare Earth - "Get Ready"
  6. Canned Heat - "On the Road Again" -
  7. The Guess Who - "Shakin' All Over"
  8. Count Five - "Psychotic Reaction"
  9. Deep Purple - "Hush"
  10. The Kinks - "All Day and All of the Night"
  11. The Kinks - "You Really Got Me"
  12. The Box Tops - "The Letter"
  13. Jefferson Airplane - "Somebody to Love"
  14. Bobby Fuller Four - "I Fought the Law"
  15. Budapest Symphony Orchestra - "The Ride of the Valkyries" -
  16. The Trashmen - "Surfin' Bird" - As a reference to Full Metal Jacket.
  17. Jefferson Airplane - "White Rabbit" (Menu theme, instrumental remix)

Actually, some of the best Zelda music came from Zelda, Windwaker. However, Ocarina of time's Orchestral treatment really adds spice to the old soundtrack. The same can be said for Zelda, A Link to the Past (SNES) when they re-do the music.

In general, Nintendo's composers and musical department is by and large responsible for the majority of quality music in the video game world, by inspiring and or forcing others to keep up.

I picked up a copy of the Mario 25th Anniversary Wii game which is basically just Super Mario All Stars (SNES), but it did include a soundtrack CD of Nintendo throughout time.

Should you doubt what I'm saying, go look up Super Mario Galaxy (1 and 2) music and see what I'm talking about.

I'm gonna guess power.

Nope, close though. Power was the piece Ganon had which is at the apex of the triforce, The glowing one there is the piece for courage, (which link has in OOT) and the last piece is Wisdom which is the one Zelda had.

I thought courage was supposed to be yellow.

Well, typically the Triforce itself is golden, but since Yellow UV ink doesn't show up well on a pasty white boy, we went with as if it was glowing. When the blacklight is removed from the photo, the glowing white disappears.

Archived