Gibson Brands Forums

Dead Shot

AxeMistress

Hi all. I just wanted to introduce you to my band, Dead Shot. We are a hard rock band from Phoenix, AZ with influences like Black Label Society, Nashville Pu$$y, AC/DC, Megadeth, TOOL, Motley Crue and many others. We get wild on stage and have a good time and love to integrate our fans into our shows. Our look is a cross between western and sleaze rock.

We are fronted by Katie Halle on vocals, and me, Annah Moore, on lead guitar (I'm the only guitarist, actually), and we have Johnny Harrison on bass and Pascal Heck on drums.

I play Gibson SG Standards (with the fine-tuner tailpiece) and am going to have the infamous airbrush master Mike Learn do a custom job on one of my guitars. Johnny plays a Gibson Thunderbird. We love our Gibsons!

We have upcoming Arizona shows with some national/international bands: Sister Sin, Powerman 5000, Kamelot, Alestorm, Tristania, The Agonist, and our traveling to Amarillo, TX in July to play.

Would love your feedback, and if you're on Facebook, please "Like" our page! We'd appreciate it.

Thanks! Annah

Dead Shot on Facebook

www.dead-shot.com

187770_143476112387640_6148136_n.jpg

Thanks Damian!

ChanMan: Haha! Thanks! That's nice to hear. LOL! Yeah, I felt kinda like a self-centered promotional trash queen there for a minute but hey, isn't that what rock n' roll's all about? ;)

Nashville is definitely one of the cities we wanna get into! What's a good club there, for a band like ours?

The Exit/In is a must:

Exit/In

2208 Elliston Place, Nashville, TN, 615.321.3340 exitin.jpg

Since Exit/In was in 1971, the club has developed its unique reputation through the wonderful bands that have played the stage. Musicians like The Police, R.E.M., Johnny Cash, Emmylou Harris, Willie Nelson, Jimmy Buffet, GWAR, Steve Martin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muddy Waters, The Allman Brothers Band, Kings of Leon, The Cult, WASP, Billy Joel, Guitar Wolf, Jimmy Buffett, Daniel Johnston, Etta James, Ryan Adams, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, My Morning Jacket, and Waylon Jennings are just a few of the names that have performed at Exit/In. Despite all the great stories, despite all the history, the Exit/In is quite simply one, old, dark, loud piece of Nashville rock stuck right in the middle of the Music City.

12th and Porter is also a great venue:

12th & Porter

12thandporter.jpg 114 12th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 615.320.3754

Anyone who has seen a show at 12th & Porter will probably tell you it is one of the best sounding rooms in Nashville. What they will also tell you, if they have been in Nashville for more than 24 hours, is that the club is not only Nashville's, but also one of the country's premiere and legendary clubs. The home of legendary live recordings dating back to Townes Van Zandt's Live and Obscure (circa 1985) the stage at 12th and Porter has played host to some of the greatest touring artists and songwriters ever to play throughout its storied history. 12th and Porter proudly continues its leading role in Nashville's musical skyline and was recently recently voted by readers of the Nashville Scene as 2nd only to the historic Ryman Auditorium as Nashville's best place to hear live music.

Several venues in Murfreesboro too... The Boro, 527 Main Street...

Have you guys thought about booking Bonnaroo??

http://www.bonnaroo.com/

This town is certainly worth the trip... might want to have "your people" book you onto 102.9 "The Buzz" radio's show for unsigned bands "The Local Buzz".

http://www.1029thebuzz.com/local_buzz.php

Good luck!!

Cookie...

I was thinkin' kinda the same thing. <grin>

Besides, I don't trust girl guitar pickers unless they at least could run a barrel race in a small town rodeo. Then they've got my attention. <chortle> Seen all the other stuff already.

That's what happens when you get old and wear a hat and boots to work every day. As for "dead shot," is that from a bench rest or something quick outa the holster? This gray-haired old iggerent country boy wants to know. Or with a bow?

I shot an arrow into the air,

It fell to earth, I knew not where;

For, so swiftly it flew, the sight

Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,

It fell to earth, I knew not where;

For who has sight so keen and strong,

That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak

I found the arrow, still unbroke;

And the song, from beginning to end,

I found again in the heart of a friend.

m

And once again, Milod saves a trashy thread with a dose of humor and Longfellow.

=D>=D> =D>

Oh, BTW: You're needed for cleanup in asile "Celebrity Crushes". Stat.

;-) [lol]

Hi all. I just wanted to introduce you to my band, Dead Shot. We are a hard rock band from Phoenix, AZ with influences like Black Label Society, Nashville Pu$y, AC/DC, Megadeth, TOOL, Motley Crue and many others. We get wild on stage and have a good time and love to integrate our fans into our shows. Our look is a cross between western and sleaze rock.

We are fronted by Katie Halle on vocals, and me, Annah Moore, on lead guitar (I'm the only guitarist, actually), and we have Johnny Harrison on bass and Pascal Heck on drums.

I play Gibson SG Standards (with the fine-tuner tailpiece) and am going to have the infamous airbrush master Mike Learn do a custom job on one of my guitars. Johnny plays a Gibson Thunderbird. We love our Gibsons!

We have upcoming Arizona shows with some national/international bands: Sister Sin, Powerman 5000, Kamelot, Alestorm, Tristania, The Agonist, and our traveling to Amarillo, TX in July to play.

Would love your feedback, and if you're on Facebook, please "Like" our page! We'd appreciate it.

Thanks! Annah

Dead Shot on Facebook

www.dead-shot.com

187770_143476112387640_6148136_n.jpg

cheers, just liked your page on facebook, my wife loves BLS so will enjoy this, thanks

Matt

Thanks you guys! :-)

Milod - Haha! I love it! When I get back on a horse, you bet yer behind I'll race that sucker around some barrels! ;) For now, you'll just have to enjoy my pickin'. Ha!

ChanMan - THANKS! We'll check those out and try to set something up there. I can't wait to get on the road!

Oh, by the way, just put a Gibson Fine-Tuner Tailpiece on my SG. Woo hoo!!! I love it!

If'n ya'll 'r in'trested in my playin' (like my southern twang type? lol!) check this out. This is yours truly:

http://youtu.be/ZadyDNchSWY

Have a rockin' weekend!!!

My SG with the new tailpiece, btw:

215675_10150159098050765_533140764_6949890_4071243_n.jpg

Y'know...

There are times that the term "tailpiece" might be misunderstood by those less versed in guitarology than those of us here... <chortle>

BTW, we've a dinner dance scheduled here in a cupla weeks to benefit the Miss Rodeo South Dakota program. The current Miss Rodeo America lives just down the road and is last year's Miss Rodeo SD. Reigning Miss Rodeo SD is from this little cowtown in the literal geographical center of the US

I guarantee both those girls could do the barrel race.

Alas, I think neither is a guitar picker.

Annah... BTW...

I think girl guitar pickers have a degree of commonality with girl barrel racers on the pro circuit:

From Ian Tyson's "Barrel Racing Angel"

(Bridge)

Cowgirls are special when they follow their dreams.

Every race is a brand new start.

Some are running for the sake of running.

Some are running from a broken heart.

(Verse 3)

Just one thing you got to know

You can't hold her, you gotta let her go

You can't catch a silhouette

She's like ice; She's like fire.

They're gonna fly as one

She and Rollin Sun

Out among the stars

Ahead of all the rest

.... She's a barrel racing angel,

.... Out there somewhere in the west...

m

Annah - then this'll getcha bawling outright. Wish I could sing it so well. It's his girl version of his old "Someday Soon" about the young girl waitin' for her rodeo cowboy her Dad didn't care for "'cuz he was just as wild in his younger day."

Buffalo rancher friend of mine has one of those big critters to ride. Whew!

Me, I've always been disgustingly tame until folks came to expect it. <grin>

m

I watched your WAH demo.......You have an interesting guitar tone............and playing style.....Come up to Portland OR for a show.....

I'll cook you all dinner....................

Owww just watched your video of your Knee. Damn props for playing through it. I had my wrist lock up during a show once. at least I was the last song on the set list. [cursing] love your playing if you get a myspace up feel free to add me. Myspace.com/enmitygauged this stuff may not be your fave but I like yours so add me lol<_<[flapper]

Archived