Gibson Brands Forums

NPD: Strymon Ola

Dub-T-123

photo-160.jpg

Just got this in today. I've only played with it for a couple hours but so far I think it sounds pretty excellent. I'm normally not much of a chorus guy but I thought I should try something new.

So far I'm really digging the subtle chorus sounds (not a big fan of extremely deep chorus) and I'm loving the vibrato.

Strymon rocks.

Edit:

More info and clips here http://www.strymon.net/products/ola/

So..uh..since you got this Strymon...can I have your EL Capistan? [blush]

Very nice pedal Dub...your gonna be making some sweet noise, and every week your pedalboard keeps gettn classier and well...just better... [thumbup]

Haha no way man I LOVE the El Capistan that thing is the greatest.

Thanks man I try to keep it classy haha. I'm thinkin I need a good OD (just traded my MXR Classic OD for some more fuzz) so I'm probably gonna trade a fuzz for an OD to round things out. I'm looking for a nice flexible OD. I'm not really interested in any variation of the Tube Screamer but I also don't want a very high gain pedal. What would you recommend?

Haha no way man I LOVE the El Capistan that thing is the greatest.

Thanks man I try to keep it classy haha. I'm thinkin I need a good OD (just traded my MXR Classic OD for some more fuzz) so I'm probably gonna trade a fuzz for an OD to round things out. I'm looking for a nice flexible OD. I'm not really interested in any variation of the Tube Screamer but I also don't want a very high gain pedal. What would you recommend?

Whatd you get for the MXR Classic? 15$? The only reason I've kept mine is that I'm waiting for them..(witch I doubt will ever happen) to gain in value, since it has that switch that makse go to the GT-OD or ZW OD. And the fact it was a real limited run..

Off topic but Dub, do you dabble with caps in your guitars? I just put these Paper Oil caps in my Minarik and my Les Paul ( LP has one Orange Drop and one PIO). And man does it make a difference if you manipulate that tone knob alot..Made a huge difference in both ..Once i get more PIO caps I'm gonna put em in the rest of my guitars.

btw, Dub and Chase:

you two are gear whores. screw all of you [biggrin]

[blush]

And about the Dist. Dub...I HIGHLY recommend the GH "No Brainer" due to its versaitility...it's tone knob ACTUALLY deeply controls the tone, so you can get any dirt flavor you crave...Every control on it alters the tone drastically so your absolutely sure, to find one or many, sounds/textures that fit your style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QugaZhyGhCs&feature=player_detailpage

And remember, I've stuck with the No Brainer after a....Modded Boss DS-1, Pro-Co Rat2, Suhr Riot, and a few others that dont even come close.

And about the Dist. Dub...I HIGHLY recommend the GH "No Brainer" due to its versaitility...it's tone knob ACTUALLY deeply controls the tone, so you can get any dirt flavor you crave...Every control on it alters the tone drastically so your absolutely sure, to find one or many, sounds/textures that fit your style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QugaZhyGhCs&feature=player_detailpage

And remember, I've stuck with the No Brainer after a....Modded Boss DS-1, Pro-Co Rat2, Suhr Riot, and a few others that dont even come close.

I agree. :D

Chase I traded the Classic Overdrive for a fuzz pedal called the Logic Fuzz. I wouldn't even try to sell it because after paying for shipping I'd only make like $5.

I haven't tried replacing caps or anything. Maybe I should look into that because I do use my volume and tone pots a lot.

I'll definately look into the No Brainer. Thanks for the recommendation I had kinda forgotten about that pedal.

Andre - haha sorry man. Did you get a chorus pedal recently or something?

Chase I traded the Classic Overdrive for a fuzz pedal called the Logic Fuzz. I wouldn't even try to sell it because after paying for shipping I'd only make like $5.

I haven't tried replacing caps or anything. Maybe I should look into that because I do use my volume and tone pots a lot.

I'll definately look into the No Brainer. Thanks for the recommendation I had kinda forgotten about that pedal.

Andre - haha sorry man. Did you get a chorus pedal recently or something?

sounds you like gotta good deal. [thumbup]

Archived