Gibson Brands Forums

Gear Question

feldkeen4

Hey..I own and ride a Harley Road King. I assume you didn't mean guitarists who ride Harleys. heehee

No, guitarist who ride Harleys are cool. Real cool, Elton John cool! And that's cool!

Do people say cool anymore, it felt kind of weird.

Now I am confused...

I don't have a scooter, but I have a vacuum. But I know I am a dirtbag. (I think).

But it also seems that I would feel more like Elton John behind a vacuum than on a Harley.

So am I still cool?

Now I am confused...

I don't have a scooter, but I have a vacuum. But I know I am a dirtbag. (I think).

But it also seems that I would feel more like Elton John behind a vacuum than on a Harley.

So am I still cool?

I looked up " Stein from Portland " in the dictionary, actually several, and they all said " STEIN; go see " COOL "

So, I looked up " COOL " in the Dictionary, and it said, " Go see STEIN ".........................[thumbup] .......

I ride a Road king too... Wearing leather on a Harley is not playing dress up. it's to protect your skin if you go down... Wearing leather and not owning a Harley is playing dress up...

I think some riders wear leather because they go down.

glen.jpg

I ride a Road king too... Wearing leather on a Harley is not playing dress up. it's to protect your skin if you go down... Wearing leather and not owning a Harley is playing dress up...

P9070006.jpg

DSCN1132.jpg

P1010729.jpg

yea im sure that vest is going protect a whole lot of skin. [biggrin]

Once upon a time HDs were for hooligans and delinquents. Now they're for conformists and squares. Sport bike riders are the bad boys now -- HD guys strike a hollow pose with the vests and chain wallets (a style cue from 1%ers, no doubt about it). When was the last time anybody saw a HD wheelie in traffic? They're wannabe bad boys. 1% ain't what it used to be either.

Once upon a time HDs were for hooligans and delinquents. Now they're for conformists and squares. Sport bike riders are the bad boys now -- HD guys strike a hollow pose with the vests and chain wallets (a style cue from 1%ers, no doubt about it). When was the last time anybody saw a HD wheelie in traffic? They're wannabe bad boys. 1% ain't what it used to be either.

And none of them effort-justifyin' a-holes can even tell you what percentage of the parts of their "American-made" iron comes from Japan...

Pirate suits all around, I say!

Yea, I hear that, but the riders I know with the Harley scooters WERE "hooligans and delinquents" and had to work real hard to be the "conformist and squares" that many see today riding these.

Way cooler out of jail than it is in jail.

Did you really think about what you were saying when you typed that?

Well I cant do nothin but respect the urge to buy American, even if (like Gibson) some parts are from 'parts unknown' ... I was just pointing out the 'dressup like 1%/fantasy' aspect. Like somebody else said, if you're gonna wear leather for safety you damn sure ain't gonna wear just a vest. Tshirt and soft jeans ain't gonna do you no favors.

After working as an EMT for a while I can tell you that if you go down wearing leather or even some joe rocket kevlar at any speed over 30MPH its really going to be useless. It will stop the majority of your skin being peeled off like a cheese grater, but even if the asphalt doesnt go through the leather you will still end up with the gnarly road rash. My best encounter with this was an idiot on a crotch rocket wearing shorts, a hanes undershirt and a backwards baseball cap falling off doing a wheelie at about 80km/h (around 50MPH) I think they had to remove all the skin off his *** and put it on his face to make him look slightly human again. I only got to see the aftermath from what I heard the dude slid right off the back of the bike face and chest first into the ground, very nasty. Gimme a vintage hard tail Indian, wide open road, some brews and buds in the saddle bag and the wind in my hair.

Gimme a vintage hard tail Indian, wide open road, some brews and buds in the saddle bag and the wind in my hair.

If you say that in Nick Cages' voice it sounds really cool.

rct

Archived