Gibson Brands Forums

Like button rigging

Enmitygauged

I am just a little perplexed as to how it is possible the Jonas Brothers Melody maker has a perfect 10.0 rating on the Gibson site as voted by users of the site. Now I would say 99.99999999% of people who have posted on the site have had a resounding level of hatred for this guitar so how is it that it gets a 10.0 Even some of the best rarest custom shops dont have a 10.0 so who is clicking the like button....?

Dude its a ****ing great guitar, did you see the specs?

Dont judge a book by its cover, look beyond the name.

So what, its a Jonas bro sig? Big deal, just refinsh the paint job and you got your self a hell of a guitar with sweet P-90's.

Dude its a ****ing great guitar, did you see the specs?

Dont judge a book by its cover, look beyond the name.

So what, its a Jonas bro sig? Big deal, just refinsh the paint job and you got your self a hell of a guitar with sweet P-90's.

Specs are different issue behind a guitar thats about a band who tape over their Gibson head stocks because they weren't endorsed and a band who really dont play their guitars oh and actually who don't even play melody makers. My issue is yes it seems to be a great guitar but it spits in the face of every "true guitarist" who has ever had an artist series. ( Nickleback dude excluded although again awesome guitar ). the JB melody is completely about money and Gibson and not about guitarists gibsons history or indeed its players and supporters

Dude its a ****ing great guitar, did you see the specs? . . . Dont judge a book by its cover, look beyond the name. . . . So what, its a Jonas bro sig? Big deal, just refinsh the paint job and you got your self a hell of a guitar with sweet P-90's.

+1

.... the JB melody is completely about money and Gibson and not about guitarists gibsons history or indeed its players and supporters

Yes, you're right - Gibson is in business to make money, whether "true guitarists" and supporters like it or not.

Specs are different issue behind a guitar thats about a band who tape over their Gibson head stocks because they weren't endorsed and a band who really dont play their guitars oh and actually who don't even play melody makers. My issue is yes it seems to be a great guitar but it spits in the face of every "true guitarist" who has ever had an artist series. ( Nickleback dude excluded although again awesome guitar ). the JB melody is completely about money and Gibson and not about guitarists Gibson's history or indeed its players and supporters

Thats a load of BS, i dont like them but they do play their guitars. Big deal Gibson sells out, they wanna make money!!

True Guitarist? Let me tell you a story. When the Beatles were gaining fame Jazz musicians hated them, they were calling them fake musicians who didn't write their own music. Why? Because jealously is a green eyed monster. Now im not saying JB are the next beatles. But sometimes, music you wont like will gain fame, even when we dont think its fit to gain fame.

I am just a little perplexed as to how it is possible the Jonas Brothers Melody maker has a perfect 10.0 rating on the Gibson site as voted by users of the site. Now I would say 99.99999999% of people who have posted on the site have had a resounding level of hatred for this guitar so how is it that it gets a 10.0 Even some of the best rarest custom shops dont have a 10.0 so who is clicking the like button....?

I looked it up.

I am perplexed that people are voting on a guitar they have not played because they don't like the artist.

The specs are great for a MM, minus the logo of course.

If the Jonas Brothers are not your thing just let it slide, that's what I do.

I find Nickelback to be one of the blandest bands out there but that Blackwater LesPaul is tasty.

Yes they play a studio a custom 3 Pickup and a junior not a melody maker!! I was subjected to a JB concert by my niece. She got free tickets cos her Dad was serving in Afghanistan. They might look like they are playing but have a look in front of the stage in the pit with 2-3 session/stage guitarists playing along. Now tell me how many bands need 5-6 guitarists for 4 chord structures? The Sonic mix would be awful. But my original post has only been answered by one person. how is it that a guitar that has such a resounded hatred for it by all who have posted on the page get a perfect score?????

The rating is a average score based on the people that rated it. The people that hate bieber aren't the ones voting for it. The same principal as American Idol getting 50 million votes makes no sense until you think of all the thousands of bored teenage girls voting 100's of times on whomever there crushing on at the moment.

Archived