Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Evol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yuck! Needs more knobs, mainly in the back, and at least four toggle switches plus trim pots before I would even acknowledge this amp's existence.

Gain is nice, though. It's got that sweet Nickelback/triple rectumfier sound.

Yuck! Needs more knobs, mainly in the back, and at least four toggle switches plus trim pots before I would even acknowledge this amp's existence.

Gain is nice, though. It's got that sweet Nickelback/triple rectumfier sound.

The entire amp is knobs! No more room for anything [thumbup]

That is the sign of great tone

The entire amp is knobs! No more room for anything

That is the sign of great tone

Forget dialing in a tone; you'll be there for hours. Not to mention that this amp has three channels.

And what if the knobs get bumped and turned on the way to a gig? You are F'd!

Forget dialing in a tone; you'll be there for hours. Not to mention that this amp has three channels.

And what if the knobs get bumped and turned on the way to a gig? You are F'd!

I saw it on MLP and it is being praised like the third coming of Jesus.

I wanna cry... [crying]

Third?

Yes, he was here last week. Not sorry you missed it. The guy crashed on my couch for four days and left a crazy mess: burrito wrappers under the table, unleavened bread in the cushions, and I think he spilled bong water on the Persian rug. If you see him can you get Mohammad's number from him? That jerk owes me $20 because I sported for him and Buddha at the shawarma place. At least Ganesh covered by buying two rounds at the bar.

Yes, he was here last week. Not sorry you missed it. The guy crashed on my couch for four days and left a crazy mess: burrito wrappers under the table, unleavened bread in the cushions, and I think he spilled bong water on the Persian rug. If you see him can you get Mohammad's number from him? That jerk owes me $20 because I sported for him and Buddha at the shawarma place. At least Ganesh covered by buying two rounds at the bar.

Ganesh IS the man!

Ganesh00.gif

Just speaking for myself here, but...

I prefer a lot of knobs to even a little bit of dogmatic bullsh*t.

If I found an amp that had a lot of knobs but it was the best amp I've ever heard, I wouldn't be bothered by how many knobs it has.

In fact, for multi-channel amps, I think it kind of makes sense for each channel to have separate EQ--although it's certainly not a necessity, and you can get some swell tones with just a volume and tone knob...But why limit yourself to only one configuration?

I agree xDemon. While 3 channel amps aren't my thing, I think you're right.

If you play an amp where you can bypass the eq I think you'll find that all those knobs definately take something away though.

I guess for me I just like one good amp sound, some pedals, and my guitars volume and tone controls. That does it for me.

By the way how lame are the tone king demos... That guy sucks ***.

I dont like him near as much as Brett, GMD, Paul, or Andy but I do give him credit for trying to demo as much gear as he can for free...I mean he gets alot **** from viewers, and he just keeps on going despite the abuse..So I give him props, although he is not one my favorites.

I think his demos are absolutely worthless but you're right he's doin his best and that's respectable.

Btw just saw that this is a Carvin *palmface* I thought it was a Mesa transatlantic.

I love my friend's old x100b. This is not my cup o tea.

It's weird.. I love tweakable pedals like my El Capistan but an amp like this just totally turns me off. I'm just not a high gain amp guy.

You're so Mesa [lol]

In all seriousness though I've played a 5:25 Express just like yours and it was sweet.

It is a sweet amp, the knobs are great, it is basic stuff times 2 that's all.

Archived