Gibson Brands Forums

Youtube vids

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy-squeezie you guys --- All I did was copy & paste the link from the top of my browser ---

NOT the "SHARE" button.

Top of the browser.

I didn't have to use the media button up there either.

Make SURE you are on the actual VIDEO PAGE and NOT the user's Channel page -- as noted - that's important. Otherwise no go. If you are watching from a Channel page, you have to find the little button in one of the corners that pops it out to "Watch on YouTube" or something like that.

Enjoy his playing, I can't do beans training him in that - I'm a pianist who wishes I could play -- [biggrin]

I'm usually a singing bass player. Here's a tune I play bass and sang on. I got to play the Devil so that was fun. The video was really just trying out some crazy filters.

SWEET bass playing --- and very nice classic rock vocal too, thanks for sharing!

Artie & Cookie -- nice solos!!

Enjoyed - subscribed to your channels :)

Searcy ---

My friend Polly is playing bass for the first time AND singing after years as just frontman/lead vocals (tho she does play - just new to bass) and she's just freaking -- says it's awfully hard to coordinate -- so you have my respect man!!

I'll see if I can get her out here, she's fun -- :)

L

While we're here figuring out the vid thing, is there a way to post Facebook video?

I'm not playing guitar so it's off-topic-- it's piano -- just want to see if this works...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1417284148058&oid=9466911731&comments&set=t.1111253330&type=1

It's a "public" link so should be visible by all... but maybe you'd have to login to FB first...... testing testing...

Hm, well, it won't embed but the link works.

Other than on my end the audio sounding like it's been taken over by aliens (some odd distortion feedback - not there when it first posted...) I guess it plays.

Hmph.

Well anyway -- I uploaded it - lost it from my hard drive - now I can't get it back OFF facebook onto my PC or etc....... so it can only exist on my FB Page. Oh well.............. not a big deal........

BTW I've lost 35-40 lbs since that video was taken last year [thumbup] go me -- still a ways to go -- I walk 1-2 hrs a day lately, it's working -- [thumbup]

L

Hm, well, it won't embed but the link works.

Other than on my end the audio sounding like it's been taken over by aliens (some odd distortion feedback - not there when it first posted...) I guess it plays.

Hmph.

Well anyway -- I uploaded it - lost it from my hard drive - now I can't get it back OFF facebook onto my PC or etc....... so it can only exist on my FB Page. Oh well.............. not a big deal........

BTW I've lost 35-40 lbs since that video was taken last year [thumbup] go me -- still a ways to go -- I walk 1-2 hrs a day lately, it's working -- [thumbup]

L

awesome jobmsp_thumbup.gif

They're parts I and II of a sci-fi/supernatural futuristic/apocalyptic trilogy.

Prodigal Journey -- I still have a lot of copies of - publisher went out of business so I wound up with the rest.

Refining Fire -- part II -- is out of print. I have to get it on Kindle one day here soon -- need to take the time to figure that out.

Zion Awaits -- part III -- is still half-written and I keep getting distracted into music. [biggrin] But I am struggling to finish it and get it to download out of my subconscious or whatever it is.

Thanks for asking! You can read the first 5 chapters of all 3 on my website:

http://www.lindaofficial.net

Click "BOOKS" in the top-left corner

I totally need a new web design, it's looking antique these days. Nothin' fancy, but it does the trick!

Gave a copy of the 1st one to Damian & his girlfriend - his girlfriend loved it [tongue] but I don't think he's read it yet, LOL.

L

Remember how I said I was frustrated with the red light recording fingers? Well I put on my angry pants and recorded some raw riffing, basically so that I could vent a bit. I'm actually pretty surprised with the result. It's not pretty, but it's got a nice rough feeling to it. Just some riffing on my SG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WyIhSlwjKs

Remember how I said I was frustrated with the red light recording fingers? Well I put on my angry pants and recorded some raw riffing, basically so that I could vent a bit. I'm actually pretty surprised with the result. It's not pretty, but it's got a nice rough feeling to it. Just some riffing on my SG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WyIhSlwjKs

Nice tone Brandon.....cool riffing......definitively the blues.............................[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ..............

Archived