Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - sort of

Jeff S

A few years ago, I sold my Epi LP Classic Quilt Top to a kid at my church. I've always regretted selling it. I liked that Epi better than any other LP I had ever played, including some pretty high end Gibsons.

Tonight, I got her back. A couple bumps and scratches that I didn't have in her when I sold it, but noting major.

Here she is.

P1190001.jpg

One happy camper here.

Jeff

reunited, yep.

Ha, I just noticed in the photo, the kid had the bridge on backwards. The adjustment screws should face the back. Didn't even notice, when I put the strings on, I turned it around and the intonation is back where it shoudl be. No wonder he had tuning problems with it. (not to mention he had the B string where the G string should be and had the G string in the B string spot).

Oh well, bottom line, we're back together and she's no worse for the wear other than a couple scratches here and there that are more or less just normal playing marks nothing more or less.

Thanks, yes she is a very pretty guitar and sounds great. Love the Pups in her. Not sure what they are, it's whatever Epiphone put in these LP Classics. Pretty hot but not overly so. Kind of a PAF type tone.

Jeff

Great story, happy to see you got her back Jeff, btw I have seen many Epis with the bridge in that orientation, I thought that was the standard way to mount them, but I prefer the screws facing the tailpiece too, easier access imho.

A few years ago, I sold my Epi LP Classic Quilt Top to a kid at my church. I've always regretted selling it. I liked that Epi better than any other LP I had ever played, including some pretty high end Gibsons.

Tonight, I got her back. A couple bumps and scratches that I didn't have in her when I sold it, but noting major.

One happy camper here.

Jeff

Congrats on the re-snag!!!!! Love mine, too.

Regarding the bridge intonation screws, I have ALL my gits with the

screws facing the PICKUPS. When I adjust intonation, I LOOSEN the string,

then tweak, re-tune and recheck.

1. De-tuned string places less stress on bridge screw, easier to adjust anyway.

2. Screws facing pups gives me all the room in the world I need to get screwdriver

in place straight-on... Works for me, anyway!

From one EPI CLassic owner to another:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!

100_0310.jpg

Thanks everybody for the warm welcom and comments.

Mine mush have left the factor with the screws facing to the back. When I had it back when it was new, the intonation was dead on. When I tuned her up, this time, it was off. That's when I noticed the screws were facing the pups and I thouhgh originally they were facing the rear. Detuned, turned the bridge around, and bingo, everything was right with the universe again.

Backed the truss rod off about 1/4 turn as there was zero relief in the neck, and all is well.

Switch still works (no unwanted noise or pops/cracks), pots work fine (no scratchy), pups still sound awsome and jack works just fine.

thanks again all,

Jeff

Archived