Gibson Brands Forums

Just got asked to join a band by my old bass player

daveinspain

I don't know if you remember but a while back I had a bit of band trauma. The bass player and the singers had it out and almost got into a fight a week before an important gig... The bass player ended up leaving the band. Our drummer found a replacement bass player and we managed to do the gig. We sucked but the people had a good time so not all was lost.

I got a call from the old bass player today and he asked me if we could get together to talk. Turns out he is putting something together and he wants me in the band.... [thumbup] I'm really happy about this because this guy taught me a lot, he's a great arranger and has an ear like you can't believe. Anyway looks like it's gonna be a blues/rock band and he is going to play guitar and his brother will play bass. I'll be rhythm guitar and maybe do some percussion as well... That's fine by me, I was a drummer when I was in high school... Anyway he is putting together a CD with the material and will be working with me at my house to help me learn the tunes... Looks like there may be a gig the end of the month... [scared]

I don't know if you remember but a while back I had a bit of band trauma. The bass player and the singers had it out and almost got into a fight a week before an important gig... The bass player ended up leaving the band. Our drummer found a replacement bass player and we managed to do the gig. We sucked but the people had a good time so not all was lost.

I got a call from the old bass player today and he asked me if we could get together to talk. Turns out he is putting something together and he wants me in the band.... [thumbup] I'm really happy about this because this guy taught me a lot, he's a great arranger and has an ear like you can't believe. Anyway looks like it's gonna be a blues/rock band and he is going to play guitar and his brother will play bass. I'll be rhythm guitar and maybe do some percussion as well... That's fine by me, I was a drummer when I was in high school... Anyway he is putting together a CD with the material and will be working with me at my house to help me learn the tunes... Looks like there may be a gig the end of the month... [scared]

That sounds awesome, dude! That's great that you are being able to join back up with the bassist, good luck!! [smile]

I remember that deal, the band then no band then band. You were pretty impressed with this guy.

The way you describe it now, it sounds like this guy has a plan, and knows how to make it happen.

Obviously, he sees something in you that tells him you got what it takes.

I think this is gonna be GOOD. I would REALLY like to hear what you guys come up with.

Glad something else is starting to work out for you. [thumbup]

If I remember correctly, most of us here tended to side with the bass player when you described that incident to us a while back. :-k

Glad something else is starting to work out for you. [thumbup]

If I remember correctly, most of us here tended to side with the bass player when you described that incident to us a while back. :-k

Yeah, you are right... The tricky part was it was the singers that got me in the band and are friends but they were in the wrong and still don't admit it... The bass player is a pro and demands professionalism so when someone messes up he lets them know. I can take criticism and learn from it but the singers never admit fault for anything.

I will keep on with my old group but I am looking forward to this new group... To be continued... +:-@

Archived