Gibson Brands Forums

I might keep the Robot...

Thundergod

I was just messing around with the pickups (height, poles, and stuff), changed to new strings, oiled the board, complete clean up and setup... well, then I started changing some patches on the tonelab (that work wonderful with both teles and both strats) and found a place where the robot sounded great EVEN FOR CLEANS which up 'til now was the biggest let down of any gibson I own (aside from the melody maker).

I've played her the whole day, leaving #1 aside for a much needed rest [biggrin] and right now I'm thinking I might keep it... it's sounding nice and at last I got a great clean out of it (great clean... nice for everything, and if I take the tone to 2 or 3 on the neck pickup I get some nice jazz tones). [thumbup]

I love this guitars, probably because I am a technophile and any new fangled technology makes me hard. Which bot do you have (color wise?) and how is it on batteries for the tuning?

I'll probably keep both CB! [thumbup] Unless someone comes up with a really good offer.

Ne14t? mine is a LP in red metallic (the ones with bound head and neck, ebony fretboard and white pearloid inlays and logo). I haven't charged the battery yet... and I have owned it for a year, is that good or bad? [biggrin]

Glad to hear you're re-thing selling the robot or any for that matter.

My robot is the second edition. No binding on the neck or headstock. Rosewood fretboard.

I really like mine. It has a definite place in the arsenal and gets played regularly.

Hope you come across some cool gear at reasonable prices when you get to the states.

Dave

Glad to hear you're re-thing selling the robot or any for that matter.

My robot is the second edition. No binding on the neck or headstock. Rosewood fretboard.

I really like mine. It has a definite place in the arsenal and gets played regularly.

Hope you come across some cool gear at reasonable prices when you get to the states.

Dave

YEa that Larry Corsca Honeyburst is sooooooo sexy...What are your feelings about the mods TG? Any MAJOR differences?

I'll probably keep both CB! [thumbup] Unless someone comes up with a really good offer.

Ne14t? mine is a LP in red metallic (the ones with bound head and neck, ebony fretboard and white pearloid inlays and logo). I haven't charged the battery yet... and I have owned it for a year, is that good or bad? [biggrin]

*Drool* sounds purddy, hahaha. And if the battery has held up for a year thats pretty good stuff, I saw the bot in action and was awed by how fast it worked, that made me think "wait...how long does the battery last for that"

My LP sounds great both clean and crunchy.

Oh and just broke out the ToneLab after having played through the Pedal Board of the Gods for several weeks. STILL the most awesome all in one unit I've ever owned.

• 2 years later...

I've started with Explorer Robot.

Couldn't believe how good was quality of construction (ebony, binding, no flaws) at 799$ price. Swapped PUs for Bare Knuckle and voila.

Few months later mint V entered into sight, same impression, excellent V (I wished to buy one for a long, but didn't find anything exciting).

Well, as pair they look stunning.

Dusk Tiger and Les Paul Studio (transparent dark red) rounded up robot collection.

They are very good sounding guitars, although by far the lowest costs axes I have.

I have no problem to play Les Paul Robot after '59 Historic RI, sometimes I enjoy it more.

Robots are keeper, but of course one should find right one at good price.

Archived