Gibson Brands Forums

c.o.d black ops

pete c

Battlefield is far and away the best FPS franchise out there. I've been playing that series for years now, and been playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 since it came out. Battlefield 3 so far looks like the best FPS to come out in years, and the PC will have 64 player servers.

The one thing these games have over all others is TEAM WORK. Which ever kit you choose comes equipped with a special tool. Medics have med packs and defribulators to heal and revive teammates, Engineers have a repair tool to help repair teammates vehicles, Assault has ammo packs to resupply teammates, and Recons (snipers) have motion sensors that alert temmates of enemy players.

Oh, and did I mention this game has fully functional vehicles that can be used on multiplayer maps? Bad Company 2 has tanks, helicopters, trucks, atv's. Battlefield 3 is gonna have Fighter Jets too. The maps are huge, a lot of players on each server, and you have 4 person squads so you can spawn on you squadmembers no matter where they are.

Sorry to rant on about this game, but I've never been this excited about a video game before. I can't wait until Battlefield 3 comes out.

Battlefield is far and away the best FPS franchise out there. I've been playing that series for years now, and been playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 since it came out. Battlefield 3 so far looks like the best FPS to come out in years, and the PC will have 64 player servers.

The one thing these games have over all others is TEAM WORK. Which ever kit you choose comes equipped with a special tool. Medics have med packs and defribulators to heal and revive teammates, Engineers have a repair tool to help repair teammates vehicles, Assault has ammo packs to resupply teammates, and Recons (snipers) have motion sensors that alert temmates of enemy players.

Oh, and did I mention this game has fully functional vehicles that can be used on multiplayer maps? Bad Company 2 has tanks, helicopters, trucks, atv's. Battlefield 3 is gonna have Fighter Jets too. The maps are huge, a lot of players on each server, and you have 4 person squads so you can spawn on you squadmembers no matter where they are.

Sorry to rant on about this game, but I've never been this excited about a video game before. I can't wait until Battlefield 3 comes out.

It's a great FPS but not the best. Most of the shooting mechanics were sloppy, though I did enjoy that sniper rifles were prone to bullet fall over distance instead of them shooting like lasers.

Yes, I love the vehicles also, but they need to fix the whole, putting 50lbs of C4 on a remote control chopper, blowing it up and having it be fine because friendly fire is off, let alone the fact that the little RC chopper shouldn't be able to lift that much explosive.

I really enjoyed flying the Blackhawk as a support player in BF BC2, and as you and I mentioned these games are infinitely more fun when working as a team and not stuck with people who just run and hide in a bush somewhere with a rifle.

One is fine. When you've got a whole garden of ghillie suits it makes for a not so effective fighting force.

It's a great FPS but not the best. Most of the shooting mechanics were sloppy, though I did enjoy that sniper rifles were prone to bullet fall over distance instead of them shooting like lasers.

Yes, I love the vehicles also, but they need to fix the whole, putting 50lbs of C4 on a remote control chopper, blowing it up and having it be fine because friendly fire is off, let alone the fact that the little RC chopper shouldn't be able to lift that much explosive.

I really enjoyed flying the Blackhawk as a support player in BF BC2, and as you and I mentioned these games are infinitely more fun when working as a team and not stuck with people who just run and hide in a bush somewhere with a rifle.

One is fine. When you've got a whole garden of ghillie suits it makes for a not so effective fighting force.

Yeah, these are all common complaints, and some that I had when the game was first released. Not sure what platform you play on, but on PC some of these have been fixed by server settings, or game updates (which took forever). Server admins can now limit the number of Recon (snipers) or any other kit, and during the game admins can kick for what they feel is unfair gameplay. Hit reg has been improved since release as well (that was a real problem at the start). Just got to find a good server, and the games seem to go fine.

When I said best, I was really referring to the franchise though. Meaning the entire Battlefield series, not just BC2. If you play on PC my s/n is staggolee

Already preordered BF3, so I'll be playing that right when it comes out.

Yeah, these are all common complaints, and some that I had when the game was first released. Not sure what platform you play on, but on PC some of these have been fixed by server settings, or game updates (which took forever). Server admins can now limit the number of Recon (snipers) or any other kit, and during the game admins can kick for what they feel is unfair gameplay. Hit reg has been improved since release as well (that was a real problem at the start). Just got to find a good server, and the games seem to go fine.

When I said best, I was really referring to the franchise though. Meaning the entire Battlefield series, not just BC2. If you play on PC my s/n is staggolee

Already preordered BF3, so I'll be playing that right when it comes out.

Nah, I play on Xbox, since it's what my friends all have too. I never had a computer when I was a kid and when I did get one it was like dos shell and had some dos PGA tour game. I did however have an NES and that was that I became a console gamer.

I very much enjoy the teamwork aspect and vehicle combat of Battlefield.

Angry Birds... [thumbup] I like the no killing aspect... [thumbup]

You know Dave, there are a lot of studies being done about the whole "killing" aspect in video games, but here's something to consider. When you're playing Call of Duty or other shooters, you're under the understanding that if you "kill" another player's character, he or she will respawn no worse for ware to try again. The player knows that they're not destroying or taking a life, rather stopping them from completing their objective.

Then there are other games where you are able to literally kill someone else's character where they would lose statistics or gear and the rate for "killing" someone else's character is far lower, because we understand that there's a difference.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, here's this for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMltvlqEM54

Yeah the special ops mode in MW2 was the only good thing about that game, we played that mansion defence mode a bunch of times, got lucky and stabbed the last juggernaught to death. Good times.

I'm two stars away from unlocking the Delta missions. I don't really play it single player, its a lot more fun multiplayer.

The next two stars will come from the mission that starts off by the Gas Station....We hid in the store next door and shot everyone who came through....Before that they kept killing us....

I loved the Sniper mission on three starts.... [thumbup]

I'm two stars away from unlocking the Delta missions. I don't really play it single player, its a lot more fun multiplayer.

The next two stars will come from the mission that starts off by the Gas Station....We hid in the store next door and shot everyone who came through....Before that they kept killing us....

I loved the Sniper mission on three starts.... [thumbup]

We had that mission down pact one round, we were finally going to finish it and the bloody internet blipped on one end which bumped my friend off and closed the game.

Oh the hazzards of lag [cursing]

We had that mission down pact one round, we were finally going to finish it and the bloody internet blipped on one end which bumped my friend off and closed the game.

Oh the hazzards of lag [cursing]

Ouch...lol

Archived