Gibson Brands Forums

Pedalboards.... ?

Silenced Fred

I would for $15. My GC doesn't have a very good pedal selection at all especially used stuff. It's usually crappy, beat to hell, and overpriced.

Do you get a volume drop with it and is it a tone suck?

Surprisingly, no. It actually sounds decent, just be sure to use a battery adaptor. I was really surprised with how good it sounded for being so cheap

Now I want a chorus... And more fuzz...

I never use batteries anymore unless I don't have a choice like with my SHO and Sound Shank. It's just too inconvinient unplugging pedals all the time when they're velcro'd to my board.

The Danos are super low quality but yeah they sound pretty sweet. I think their cheapness is a big part of their coolness in a way.

I think chorus usually sounds pretty cheesey but sometimes I love it. I like a little subtle swirl. Think the intro to "Microtonic Wave" by Pinback.

I never use batteries anymore unless I don't have a choice like with my SHO and Sound Shank. It's just too inconvinient unplugging pedals all the time when they're velcro'd to my board.

The Danos are super low quality but yeah they sound pretty sweet. I think their cheapness is a big part of their coolness in a way.

I think chorus usually sounds pretty cheesey but sometimes I love it. I like a little subtle swirl. Think the intro to "Microtonic Wave" by Pinback.

What do you use for juice?

BTW, I just sold my Muff too, wasn't using it much so there goes another 85 dollars into my pocket, I can afford a FuzzRite build now [biggrin]

My two Strymons are each on their own power supplies and the rest are on a one spot. It works but it's a pain to set up.

Even though I never use my Muff I'm holding onto it because it was my first pedal and I'm all sentimental about it.

By the way I just got back from that Greenhornes show. The club it was at is pretty shitty (it seriously smells like sewage in there) but the Greenhornes were awesome. One of the bands that opened was pretty cool too they were called stranger's family or something. They were super psycadelic. It was a pretty sweet show.

My two Strymons are each on their own power supplies and the rest are on a one spot. It works but it's a pain to set up.

Even though I never use my Muff I'm holding onto it because it was my first pedal and I'm all sentimental about it.

By the way I just got back from that Greenhornes show. The club it was at is pretty shitty (it seriously smells like sewage in there) but the Greenhornes were awesome. One of the bands that opened was pretty cool too they were called stranger's family or something. They were super psycadelic. It was a pretty sweet show.

I hate One Spots. As soon as I get the money, I'm gonna get a DC Brick or something after I get more pedals. My pedalboard is so small right now

I hardly use it and I'm selling it for 85, I paid 50 so I'm pretty happy. Those prices are getting crazy out of hand though, some of the ones on eBay are encroaching on 200 and sometimes selling for the Black Russians...

Told you the Greenhornes show would be kick ***. That sucks the club was shitty. Gotta dig that psychedelic stuff

I know I disappointed you, can you forgive me?

It can be done, for a price. Let me check the catalog for a price range. This is up there with eating meat on Fridays during lent or not fasting during ramadan.

For the sake of your pedals DO NOT get a DC Brick. The best power supplies are the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+ ( EVERYBODY uses em ) or T-Rex Fuel Tank. Or get a powered board like me. I have a SKB PS-8. Does the job fine and no noise! Ya say you want a chorus? Get the Earthquaker Devices Sea Machine. It does stuff that will freak people out and it is very fuzz-friendly ( check out the PGS demo and you'll know what I am talkin' bout' ). Other cool choruses are the MXR Stereo Chorus ( its an 18-volter though )---the Micro Chorus is not that great to me ( weird since the Micro Flanger kicks some serious anus but then again Im more of a flanger guy anyways ). I have a DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus from the later 80s ( all analog, has a control for delay time unlike others of its ilk, and MADE IN USA. Takes 1/8 adapter though-not a Boss style barrel plug ). I like the EHX Neo Clone ( way better than the Nano Clone---that sucked big time ). It is a Small Clone circuit--but to me it sounds warmer and less metallic than its big bro. The GNI Dual Analog Stereo Chorus is sweet. Set one channel for lush, Alex Lifeson/Andy Summers chorus and the other for a leslie tone. Or combine em'. Whoa. If you want a new fuzz ( Fuzzface!!!), try the MJM fuzzes, the Devi Ever fuzzes ( like the Shoegazer---half Russian Big Muff/Fuzz Factory ). The Barber Electronics Trifecta is great too.

Seriously, you should try the Ibanez Airplane Flanger. It is my favorite modulation effect. You would love it!!!!!! It would go great w. fuzz. Im a flanger guy. I don't really like chorus, and phasers I don't mind but I cannot get into them. Flangers are kind of a combo. You get that chorusy modulation but with a sweep to make it sound cooler. My top two would be my Airplane Flanger and the MXR Micro Flanger. Fuzzy Flange!!!!

It can be done, for a price. Let me check the catalog for a price range. This is up there with eating meat on Fridays during lent or not fasting during ramadan.

I tried to eat a steak every friday during lent...

Ace! Ge or Si? The early ones, like mine, are Ge. The later ones are Si, but I have no idea what they sound like.

Ge, screw the normality of Si... It freaks out more. I do miss the Fuzz Factory, but I can always get another one. The Bigsby and FuzzRite clone will get used way more. I'll send you a clip of a song I'm trying to work on

For the sake of your pedals DO NOT get a DC Brick. The best power supplies are the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+ ( EVERYBODY uses em ) or T-Rex Fuel Tank. Or get a powered board like me. I have a SKB PS-8. Does the job fine and no noise! Ya say you want a chorus? Get the Earthquaker Devices Sea Machine. It does stuff that will freak people out and it is very fuzz-friendly ( check out the PGS demo and you'll know what I am talkin' bout' ). Other cool choruses are the MXR Stereo Chorus ( its an 18-volter though )---the Micro Chorus is not that great to me ( weird since the Micro Flanger kicks some serious anus but then again Im more of a flanger guy anyways ). I have a DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus from the later 80s ( all analog, has a control for delay time unlike others of its ilk, and MADE IN USA. Takes 1/8 adapter though-not a Boss style barrel plug ). I like the EHX Neo Clone ( way better than the Nano Clone---that sucked big time ). It is a Small Clone circuit--but to me it sounds warmer and less metallic than its big bro. The GNI Dual Analog Stereo Chorus is sweet. Set one channel for lush, Alex Lifeson/Andy Summers chorus and the other for a leslie tone. Or combine em'. Whoa. If you want a new fuzz ( Fuzzface!!!), try the MJM fuzzes, the Devi Ever fuzzes ( like the Shoegazer---half Russian Big Muff/Fuzz Factory ). The Barber Electronics Trifecta is great too.

Seriously, you should try the Ibanez Airplane Flanger. It is my favorite modulation effect. You would love it!!!!!! It would go great w. fuzz. Im a flanger guy. I don't really like chorus, and phasers I don't mind but I cannot get into them. Flangers are kind of a combo. You get that chorusy modulation but with a sweep to make it sound cooler. My top two would be my Airplane Flanger and the MXR Micro Flanger. Fuzzy Flange!!!!

Oooo... I like the TRex Fuel Tank...

I do love EQD stuff, I currently have a Dreamcrusher, so that fills the FuzzFace needs and then some (not a huge fan of standard fuzzfaces, especially the new ones)

Yeah the DC Brick doesn't have isolated outputs it's basically a daisy chain in a box. It also has lower ma output than a OneSpot. It's deceptive because it looks nice in a little box but a OneSpot is better. You should look for a used VoodooLabs Iso 5 or something.

I just sealed the deal on that Supa Tone/ Ola trade. I'm pretty psyched for the Supa Tone. I'm trying to find a keeper of a vintage style fuzz. I'm hoping this is it.

Yeah the DC Brick doesn't have isolated outputs it's basically a daisy chain in a box. It also has lower ma output than a OneSpot. It's deceptive because it looks nice in a little box but a OneSpot is better. You should look for a used VoodooLabs Iso 5 or something.

I just sealed the deal on that Supa Tone/ Ola trade. I'm pretty psyched for the Supa Tone. I'm trying to find a keeper of a vintage style fuzz. I'm hoping this is it.

I don't know if I'd I go as far as to say its worst then a one-spot...Kinda suprises me Dub, you gotta kick *** board, and I guarantee if you get a BBE Supa Charger or Voodoo Labs that you'll get a little less noise in your rig, and maybe even a little more clarity. I think I got my BBE Supa Charger brand new from Amazon for like 100$? And from what I've read its the same thing as the VooDoo

Here's my latest pedal but upgrade. I'm diggin' it so far.

IMG_20110512_061021.jpg

Another POD users [thumbup] We need a POD users thread, share tones and jazz!

I have taken my old pedalboard out of the loop in favor of just my POD XT right now, I wanna grab a couple pedals to compliment it thought. I don't really dig the classic distortion of the POD so I wouldnt mind adding a MXR Fullbore Metal and another delay box for sound on sound, probably just grab a carbon copy for that. I mailed off all my old BOSS pedals to a buddy of mine last night, he dont know they are coming but I am hoping they make his new little Epi Les Paul.

I don't know if I'd I go as far as to say its worst then a one-spot...Kinda suprises me Dub, you gotta kick *** board, and I guarantee if you get a BBE Supa Charger or Voodoo Labs that you'll get a little less noise in your rig, and maybe even a little more clarity. I think I got my BBE Supa Charger brand new from Amazon for like 100$? And from what I've read its the same thing as the VooDoo

Yeah I've been trying to pick up a PP2+ for a while now. I could really use one for the ease of setting up and lower noise. Although noise isn't really an issue except at our practice space at my drummers house. Since my El Cap is on it's own supply there's enough juice to go round.

I should have taken some pics at the Greenhornes show last night. They had some sweet boards/ gear and I was right in front. I was too busy rockin out though.

Yeah I've been trying to pick up a PP2+ for a while now. I could really use one for the ease of setting up and lower noise. Although noise isn't really an issue except at our practice space at my drummers house. Since my El Cap is on it's own supply there's enough juice to go round.

I should have taken some pics at the Greenhornes show last night. They had some sweet boards/ gear and I was right in front. I was too busy rockin out though.

I think I'm gonna go with a Fuel Tank Jr, I don't have that many pedals. Damn it, now I want one.

At the show I was at, he was Craig Fox was rockin the SG into Marshall Bluesbreaker (I think). I didn't get to see his pedalboard though, but he didn't seem to use that much effects...

Dude... First of all how sweet is Craig Fox's SG... That dude just stands perfectly still but sounds amazing. The vocals were so good.

I was mainly referring to Mark Watrous' board. I saw a Box of Rock and what looked like an ss/bs pedal among other mysterious things. I really dug his DL4 action on keys. If you really paid attention to him he was doing some pretty awesome sounding stuff on keys. Plus that weird Gretsch.. I was trying not to nerd out on their sweet guitars.

Jack and Patrick blew my mind dude the rythym section was amazing especially when they closed with their cover of "I'll Go Crazy".. I was losing my mind.

You should have seen the first band that opened. The keyboard player looked like Will Ferrell on acid with a long beard. He played this crazy thing that was some spacey looking helmet with a tube sticking out going into some kindof ocarana looking thing. The guitarist had a thinline tele made of steel with all kinds of paisley stuff etched in and a filtertron in the neck. And they rocked

Dude... First of all how sweet is Craig Fox's SG... That dude just stands perfectly still but sounds amazing. The vocals were so good.

I was mainly referring to Mark Watrous' board. I saw a Box of Rock and what looked like an ss/bs pedal among other mysterious things. I really dug his DL4 action on keys. If you really paid attention to him he was doing some pretty awesome sounding stuff on keys. Plus that weird Gretsch.. I was trying not to nerd out on their sweet guitars.

Jack and Patrick blew my mind dude the rythym section was amazing especially when they closed with their cover of "I'll Go Crazy".. I was losing my mind.

You should have seen the first band that opened. The keyboard player looked like Will Ferrell on acid with a long beard. He played this crazy thing that was some spacey looking helmet with a tube sticking out going into some kindof ocarana looking thing. The guitarist had a thinline tele made of steel with all kinds of paisley stuff etched in and a filtertron in the neck. And they rocked

Dub, you and me need to get to a show together. I totally geeked out on that SG, its so awesome. I don't think he moved at all during the show, like a rock. He sounded amazing, does he still look like that one guy from King of the Hill? He did when I went... really long nasty hair

Mark Watrous is the ****. I love his keyboard work. He didn't play much guitar at the show I went to. Patrick had some kick *** solos and just rocked out. I love Jack, in all honesty, he is probably one of my favorite bass players because he's a beast. He has a good voice too

I do love Craig Fox, he is probably the guitarist I emulate the most

Awwhhh yeah dude Band of Skulls next month at the El Rey Theatre.

LOL I totally know which guy from King of the Hill you're talking about. Jack's bass playing is awesome and his tone is so sweet. I wish I had a bassist that sounded like that.

Awwhhh yeah dude Band of Skulls next month at the El Rey Theatre.

LOL I totally know which guy from King of the Hill you're talking about. Jack's bass playing is awesome and his tone is so sweet. I wish I had a bassist that sounded like that.

Son of a *****! I love Band of Skulls and was listening to em even before they got big. I have a total thing for Emma too... Chicks with basses are the best. I'm jealous

And you know who I'm talking about? My friend just looked at me like I'm crazy! His tone is sick, what bass was he playing? He used a sweet semi hollow one at the show I was at and he sounded amazing

We should just rename every thread "the dub and Fred derailment"

Haha I figured it was your thread so I just went ahead and derailed.

Yeah Band of Skulls rock. I'm pretty psyched for that show. It's pretty likely that I'll fall in love with Emma

Jack was playing a blonde Rickenbacker. It was soo sweet.

Archived