Gibson Brands Forums

More shows coming up

Silenced Fred

Well, we have Battle of the Bands coming up at the end of the month, a show on June 11th, and we are currently in talks with another band from New York from the ILF board about playing with them at a show in Chicago.

Everything is starting to come together, hope this keeps up [thumbup]

Good for you, that sounds like fun.

2011 has been a bad year for playing opportunities for me and it's about to get worse with a baby on the way.

My other 2 bandmates or jammin' buddies are also expecting babies but each has 3 kids already so this is their respective 4th.

Won't see'em the rest of the year probably.

I am going to take lessons to force me to get back on track.

Good for you, that sounds like fun.

2011 has been a bad year for playing opportunities for me and it's about to get worse with a baby on the way.

My other 2 bandmates or jammin' buddies are also expecting babies but each has 3 kids already so this is their respective 4th.

Won't see'em the rest of the year probably.

I am going to take lessons to force me to get back on track.

I know what you mean. It sucks in general. Two summers ago, I asked my current drummer if he wanted to be in a band, and he was really focused on playing jazz, and he said he hated everything I was doing. Skip ahead a year and I played the same stuff and he loved it. Go figure. We were gonna do a two piece, then added a guitarist, then a bassist and now that everything is on track, I'm gonna be moving probably towards the end of the summer, so it sucks so I understand. Trying to get as many shows in as I can while I'm still here

Luckily, I don't have to worry about too many pregnancies from bandmates [biggrin]

Fred, YOU ROCK!!!

It may be true the band will split by the end of summer, but not only do you increase your rep and experience for when you get to your new home, you also increase the rep and exp of your bandmates and leave them with something when you leave.

You have my respect, bro. Good on you.

Archived