Gibson Brands Forums

A tribute song

Tman

I lost a dear friend on March 31st and wrote and recorded a tribute for her.

She was the wife of a co-worker in Austria and I have been an unofficial member of their family for 16 years since I have been going there for a work meeting each year. I was moved to write a song for her family. She learned of her cancer diagnosis 3 years ago and really did a bucket list. Very courageous and a wonderful human being.

Logic pro on my iMac. A French musician named Cosmitron joined the project and helped with writing, playing, and production.

It's a tear jerker and is meant to be.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10629631

Cancer is a ***** to watch a loved one go through, I know quite well.

Thank you for sharing that piece it's played with loads of feeling.

I've often thought about writing one for my grandfather who I lost to the same disease, maybe this is the inspiration I needed.

Thanks

Cancer is a ***** to watch a loved one go through, I know quite well.

Thank you for sharing that piece it's played with loads of feeling.

I've often thought about writing one for my grandfather who I lost to the same disease, maybe this is the inspiration I needed.

Thanks

I hope so Artie. I'd love to hear it when you do.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the song for my wife and I represents a tribute and also an epiphany about life and dealing with the certainty of death for those with the terrible disease. In other words Christine taught us not to count the days, but make each day count. That's what I tried to reflect in the song. My father died of pancreatic cancer 23 years ago. I'm just now coming to grips with a lot of my feelings about it. Christine's last three years really put a lot into perspective for me. On Soundclick you can see the lyrics to the song. I've never written lyrics before but was really moved by her death to do so.

ok too deep, I know.

Archived