Gibson Brands Forums

LP Traditional Bigsby

Silenced Fred

That one knob still bugs the **** out of me...

Ha! I put that sucker on years ago because it was the only speed knob that would fit the odd ball Epiphone pots' post. Now you give me a lot more fuel to keep it.

And what is with my double post with your post sandwiched in between?

Ha! I put that sucker on years ago because it was the only speed knob that would fit the odd ball Epiphone pots' post. Now you give me a lot more fuel to keep it.

And what is with my double post with your post sandwiched in between?

Not so much the color, I just hate speed knobs. Get some reflect00rz for that hot piece of guitar, she deserves it [thumbup]

The wait is killing me for this Bigsby, I am almost willing to spend an extra 30 dollars and buy from somewhere else... but the bohemian in me is keeping me from doing so

Buy an ebony trad for 2199 and get a bigsby b7, the real one, for 115 from amplifiedparts. Done

Interestingly, the LP Traditional Bigsby seems to be street priced at $2,079, more than $100 less than the plain top Traditional. Comparing the specs on the two on the Gibson site, aside from the Bigsby and the bridge I can't find any other differences.

Interestingly, the LP Traditional Bigsby seems to be street priced at $2,079, more than $100 less than the plain top Traditional. Comparing the specs on the two on the Gibson site, aside from the Bigsby and the bridge I can't find any other differences.

Just wondering, where did you see that information? If that's true, that scares the hell out of me, why are they charging less?

Just wondering, where did you see that information? If that's true, that scares the hell out of me, why are they charging less?

Sam Ash, M123 and American Musical all have them at $2,079. That took me by surprise, as did the fact that the MSRP for the Traditional Bigsby on the Gibson site is $3,198, compared to $3,279 for a plain top Traditional.

Sam Ash, M123 and American Musical all have them at $2,079. That took me by surprise, as did the fact that the MSRP for the Traditional Bigsby on the Gibson site is $3,198, compared to $3,279 for a plain top Traditional.

That's just weird then. I don't get it at all

That's just weird then. I don't get it at all

Agreed, very weird. I don't know what I'm missing when I compare the specs of the two models. I definitely would have expected a higher price on the Bigsby.

That said, I think I'm getting over my initial GAS-fueled confusion, and getting back to my original plan of looking for an Iced Tea Traditional when the finances are right. Meanwhile, now this has me thinking about putting a B7 on my Ebony LP '50s Tribute.

the fact that this new edition is cheaper than the PLAIN version kinds gives me the creeps..wonder why it's about $100 less...I mean, I did the same search as you guys..but didn't find anything different in the features between the 2

I wanna put Grovers on my LP, since we are talking about tuners.

When I was young, Grovers had the word Grover in a semi circle across the top, and USA in a semi circle across the bottom. Somewhere in time they started making them in Vietnam. They, the company, are still in Cincinatti or Cleveland, can't remember which, but all of the Grovers I've put on guitars in the last...15 years at least, not made here.

rct

Might have something to do with the fact that Bigsby's suck, and well, you know...

Word. I don't care if they made them in my basement, they'd still suck, as always. Bad as a Floyd, only worse.

rct

Archived