Gibson Brands Forums

Now I remember

Silenced Fred

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why I ****ing hate Boss pedals. My friend returned the Super Overdrive I lent him for like a year, and it plain sucks. It sounds like I'm playing through my Line 6 amp when I'm with the Sunn

Time to break out the soldering iron and mod that pedal if want. Or just sell the pedal use the money for something else.

Time to break out the soldering iron and mod that pedal if want. Or just sell the pedal use the money for something else.

I'm hoping to sell it. I'm gonna build most of my pedals from now on, aside for delay. For dirt, I'm gonna build clones

Mod it.

Or you can just keep the case of the pedeal and put a complete diffrent setup inside it.

I don't know about you guys but I hate the boss enclosures.

But yeah I'd say mod it. It's pretty much worthless for selling or trading unless you get lucky like I did with my MXR od.

I don't know about you guys but I hate the boss enclosures.

But yeah I'd say mod it. It's pretty much worthless for selling or trading unless you get lucky like I did with my MXR od.

I hate the enclosures as well. I much prefer the "MXR" style.

I wouldn't sell it online, craigslist or to a friend or try and trade for something.

BTW, did you see what that guy is doing? He's trying to sell the MXR OD for 55 bucks. I wanna post and say that they are 40 new, but you know...

It just sounds like ****

I don't know? I have several boss pedals always found them solid as a tank, affordable and most importantly reliable (huge deal if you're a regular gigging musician).

I could always dial in whatever tone I needed to get the job done.msp_thumbup.gif

You young whipper snappers keep on searching for that ever elusive tone. msp_flapper.gif

I hate the enclosures as well. I much prefer the "MXR" style.

I wouldn't sell it online, craigslist or to a friend or try and trade for something.

BTW, did you see what that guy is doing? He's trying to sell the MXR OD for 55 bucks. I wanna post and say that they are 40 new, but you know...

It just sounds like ****

yeah I saw that this morning. I was gonna say they're $40 readily available at GC but it just seemed unnecessary to point that out. Plus he was a really cool dude to deal with... I just didn't want to be the guy to point it out.

I appreciate if he increased the price over new because it was previously owned by me though.

Yeah that was a lame pedal I dug it at first then one day it seemed that no matter what I did it seemed overly compressed and muffled sounding. I just got the word today that my **** od should be shipped out Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't know if you've checked out the **** but it's pretty sweet I'm stoked.

yeah I saw that this morning. I was gonna say they're $40 readily available at GC but it just seemed unnecessary to point that out. Plus he was a really cool dude to deal with... I just didn't want to be the guy to point it out.

I appreciate if he increased the price over new because it was previously owned by me though.

Yeah that was a lame pedal I dug it at first then one day it seemed that no matter what I did it seemed overly compressed and muffled sounding. I just got the word today that my **** od should be shipped out Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't know if you've checked out the **** but it's pretty sweet I'm stoked.

Yeah, I just didn't want to be that guy to point out he's trying rip people off and that nobody will probably buy it...

I'll have to check it out. I want a good OD sound, and I sold my MXR for 25 bucks to some kid I knew

Check it out. Hit up the smallsound/bigsound forum on ILF and their site.

I asked Brian to do a potentially awesome custom finish on mine and he does the best custom finishes... We'll see how it turns out but I'm not gonna spoil the surprise until I have some pics. It's most likely gonna be ridiculously rad though.

Check it out. Hit up the smallsound/bigsound forum on ILF and their site.

I asked Brian to do a potentially awesome custom finish on mine and he does the best custom finishes... We'll see how it turns out but I'm not gonna spoil the surprise until I have some pics. It's most likely gonna be ridiculously rad though.

So it has a low gain side and a high gain side right? Dude, those are sexy as ****, no pun intended.

How much extra is it for the custom finish if I may ask?

I want to work on doing finishes for a few clones I'm planning on doing something cool

No it's got regular overdrive and then the "****" part.

This kindof explains it http://www.smallsoundbigsound.com/products/****-overdrive/

you're gonna have to replace the **** in that link with the word that the forum is censoring.

You should peruse some of the threads about it on the ss/bs forum at ilf. Some members posted some good demos. Brian explains it better there too.

It's $15 extra for a custom finish and you can get optional upgrades too. He does cool finishes.

No it's got regular overdrive and then the "****" part.

This kindof explains it http://www.smallsoundbigsound.com/products/****-overdrive/

you're gonna have to replace the **** in that link with the word that the forum is censoring.

You should peruse some of the threads about it on the ss/bs forum at ilf. Some members posted some good demos. Brian explains it better there too.

It's $15 extra for a custom finish and you can get optional upgrades too. He does cool finishes.

That sounds awesome man, now I want one.

I really wanna get the 3 in 1 clone from mammoth electronics, it has a tube screamer type, a tone bender type and something else. So cool, and its only like 100 bucks for everything. It would be worth it for jam sessions and to keep for emergencies of a sort lol

After the fuzz rite clone, I wanna get the fuk overdrive

When are you gonna start building?

I'm waitin for someone to buy my **** and then I'm gonna get a Cosmichorus.

Gotta deposit the money I got from the sale of my Russian muff, order the bigsby and see how much I have left over, then order the parts

I have a Boss pedal, it was the most affordable one at my local music store, which isnt really a music store...its an electrical store with a few musical items.

I dont seem to have a problem with Boss, but then again i haven't really used anything else, so I have yet to compare it.

I only have two fuzzes right now man, it makes me sad. I'm gonna do a FuzzRite clone, then a Shin Ei clone, then a Fuzz Factory clone. I miss more fuzz...

Haha I was just kidding but yeah it's cool to have a variety of fuzz. It's pointless to have overlapping pedals and pedals that you don't use much though. Might as well not have a muff and a swollen pickle or a fuzz factory that you don't use.

I'm just trying to streamline my board to all pedals that I absolutely love and use all the time. I'm gettin there

Archived