Gibson Brands Forums

phaser?

Silenced Fred

Ok Nate, it's your money but now that is the one effect I hate THE most out of any effect ever invented. I"m not a big fan of fuzz either but Phaser? comeon please say it ain't so. I bought a phaser years ago and actually threw the thing at my drummer...

Wow. It's got it's uses, just not overuse.

If you just threw it at him, I'll take it :D

only use for a phaser is , to use when you take crapped out amps back to the store and use to negotiate their return policy lmao

How about a nice fuzz wah? now that is a pedal you can sink your teeth in to....do it...come on you know you want a nice morley fuzz wah..you'll be cool...the chicks love a man that can control the power of wah hehe

Ok I'm done being negative...should be ok for another month now lol

Your cash, your band, your chicks....there you can have it all lol

ne14t? sorry I just remembered you're in Canada. The MXR Classic OD was a Guitar Center in-store exclusive. You can't order them (new) online. I had one that I would have sold to you on the cheap but I traded it. Maybe check eBay or something.

I hate phasers when they're overused/ used in a cheesey way but I feel the same way about chorus and I totally loved my chorus pedal that I had. I really want that Empress Phaser! Empress is the cats pajamas.

ne14t? sorry I just remembered you're in Canada. The MXR Classic OD was a Guitar Center in-store exclusive. You can't order them (new) online. I had one that I would have sold to you on the cheap but I traded it. Maybe check eBay or something.

I hate phasers when they're overused/ used in a cheesey way but I feel the same way about chorus and I totally loved my chorus pedal that I had. I really want that Empress Phaser! Empress is the cats pajamas.

Hahaha no prob, I am going to have to drive into WA and check out some GC's or something for deals, its like an hourish drive from my house could be worth it on a weekend to fly down go get some badass all you can eat buffet and maybe some swank gear!

Achilles Last Stand, Kashmir, Nobodys Fault But Mine, Sick Again and Wonton Song all used the MXR Script Phase 90 when played live, and will be the only reason I eventually put one into my chain. Damn I love Jimmy Page, by far my biggest influence to pick up a guitar as many others I would imagine.

Sadly I already have a Wylde OD, when I returned my floor POD I just swapped it over for the Wylde OD and a Fullb0r3 m3t@l and still took $107 home with me. I wanted the GT-OD cause it was just green and $5 cheaper but meh. I am still skeptical on the fullbore its really cool but I wish you could calm the gain down a bit more, but its what Brendan Small used for his Dethklok sound (second album, first was all POD) and well as a fan of both the show and music it was a must.

My favorite phaser was an original mid-70's Electro-Harmonix Small Stone Phaser. In the late 70's I bought a fancy (and expensive) Morley Pro Phaser, you know the one in the big chrome case, and have no idea what happened to the Small Stone.

If I were to go out and buy another Phase Shifter, I would definitely try to hunt up an original Small Stone. There are many recordings I used the Small Stone on from the mid/late 70's, and it sounded SWEET.

Here's the one I had, and this looks to be a decent price, although I think I bought mine used for $15 (back in the day).

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-Electro-Harmonix-EHX-Small-Stone-Phaser-V-1-/170648938212?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item27bb7826e4

Man that EHX is the same price as a new MXR EVH Phase...thats a no brainer, vintage all the way because it has more baller points!

:-k Maybe I should do more pedal shopping off fleabay

If only the original big muffs went for such reasonable prices...

I sold my original Big Muff Pi last year for $250. The market for "vintage" pedals amazes me.

Stay tuned, I've got a couple left that I will post in the "trading post" section.

Maxon seems to make some killer pedals. Only place I have seen them is online, I gotta get my hands on one

Have yet to try a Maxon pedal I did not like. My OD808 is the only pedal I cannot live without. IMO it is the tastiest of the Tube Screamer ODs. If it weren't for the price and the fact that the Carbon Copy has that modulation feature, I would have gotten an AD999 for my delay. The AD9 does not look too bad either since it has the single/dual mode which can create some tasty FXs.

If you check out Make N' Music in Chicago, they might have some Maxon pedals in stock to try out. If you have never been to that store, you need to go there.

Have yet to try a Maxon pedal I did not like. My OD808 is the only pedal I cannot live without. IMO it is the tastiest of the Tube Screamer ODs. If it weren't for the price and the fact that the Carbon Copy has that modulation feature, I would have gotten an AD999 for my delay. The AD9 does not look too bad either since it has the single/dual mode which can create some tasty FXs.

If you check out Make N' Music in Chicago, they might have some Maxon pedals in stock to try out. If you have never been to that store, you need to go there.

Never been to MakeNMusic. I have work on Sunday morning just off of Wacker Drive, so I might go check it out after I'm done of they have Sunday hours

They all seem like awesome pedals and the demos I have heard are killer

If I was looking for an analog delay with modulation at that price point I'd get the Malekko Ekko 616. It's the same price as the Carbon Copy but much cooler IMO.

The AD999 is tasty this little shop near me has one and it sounds really good. Not as good as my El Capistan though.

If I was looking for an analog delay with modulation at that price point I'd get the Malekko Ekko 616. It's the same price as the Carbon Copy but much cooler IMO.

The AD999 is tasty this little shop near me has one and it sounds really good. Not as good as my El Capistan though.

Damn you! Now I want one, badly. Wonder how I could scrape together the cash?

And not much compares to the El Capistan. But you knew that.

Sorry man. I really dig the modulation on the 616. I don't see them come up used very often at all. I have to tell you though.. I've read on another forum that the 616 is the most frequently returned pedal at PGS. Apparently they had some issues with them. I didn't hear about anyone getting screwed though. Apparently Malekko and PGS were totally cool about it. Still it's pretty off-putting.

They have a version 2 now and I'm not sure if the issues were resolved or not. You're gonna want to do your homework on it if you're really thinking about getting one.

I don't want to rain on your parade but I don't want to recommend you a pedal and have it go out on you.

Yeah I buy pretty much all of my pedals used. It's so much cheaper. The El Capistan rules.

Archived