Gibson Brands Forums

Ive Got A New Look

neilpanda

Ive decided to stay with the black plastic, but I decided to take off the pickguard.

Ive also put a creaem tip on the pup switch. I have also chosen to replace the current

top hats with amber top hats and I'll settle there. check it.

2ab1256d.jpg?t=1307224281

Nice.

And Cookie is right about the bracket.

Get a couple of spare pickguard screws and paint the heads to match the body color where you screw them in at - covers the holes while nicely blending into the body color. B)

Now get that bracket the hell off of there.

And Cookie is right about the bracket.

Bracket removed! sorry about that, I was planning on it, but I was watching a VERY important hockey game!

GO CANUCKS GO! [biggrin]

It looks nice but what do you think of the feel without a pick guard on it. The 335 design is one of the few guitars I think need the pick guard on in order to feel right when you play them.

It feels alright, Ive always rested my fingers on the bridge pup ring so it doesnt feel too different, I like it a lot! [biggrin]

I'm with Retro. I prefer it with the guard.

Be sure you don't lose the pickguard and brackets. Some day you may regret it. I did that on a full hollow once and reeeeeally regret it. One thinks one has the stuff carefully put away but through the years...

m

I'm with Retro. I prefer it with the guard.

Be sure you don't lose the pickguard and brackets. Some day you may regret it. I did that on a full hollow once and reeeeeally regret it. One thinks one has the stuff carefully put away but through the years...

m

guard and brackets are in the guitars case. I'll pay close attention to them, Id hate to see them get lost.

Archived