Gibson Brands Forums

Musician's Friend/Guitar Center Coupons

Riffster

Has anyone used a coupon when buying a Gibson recently?

When I bought my Explorer in 2008 I was able to use a 20% off coupon but things seem to have changed since then.

Both GC and MF list the brands excluded and one of them is Gibson but I have heard a couple of folks that got a discount at GC.

How? talked to the manager? It does not work online with GC, also I tried with MF over the phone but did not work out either.

I have had no problem using any coupon with them......EVEN with items on the " excluded " list......

ie, I'm about to get a new pair of studio monitors for a HUGE discount.......( at M.F. via phone...)..

I have had no problem using any coupon with them......EVEN with items on the " excluded " list......

ie, I'm about to get a new pair of studio monitors for a HUGE discount.......( at M.F. via phone...)..

I used a 15% coupon last year on my Gibby LP Studio Deluxe. There always pretty cool about it, whenever I've used one.

When I got my SG at GC I was able to talk down the price and then he threw a 15% coupon on top of it, I didn't even ask. It all depends on the sales rep you get I would think. Mine was great.

Yeah Gibson's have a huge markup so there is a little more room there for negotiations.

Whats also strange is some stores have allowed me to use coupons on used gear and others say they can't. Go figure?

Best advice I can give you is if it's not the price your looking for walk away.

You don't ask, you dont get! I've used their 15% off coupons a few times on some of the "excluded" items, including my Gibby 339 when I ordered it 18 months ago.

I've found that it helps if you're a "familiar face" and have actually spent time talking to some of the, shall we say, more "responsible" among the staff. I always spend a few minutes with the guitar dept mgr just BS'ing if he's there when I am.

Jim (Midiman) where are you????

Archived