Gibson Brands Forums

Mixing merle with django

rocket88

absolutely great! All you need to do is get the rgiht kind of guitar! [rolleyes]

Gotta admit that comment made me laugh.. I love gibson acoustics and i;ve owned a j200,45,185,songwriter deluxe,blues king,L00,hummingbird and more in the last 10 yrs,not at the same time though. But sadly i could not afford to keep them,my guitar teaching business in this small town is in recession crisis,but hey i can always look forward to owning another in the future.

bye for now

mike

sadly i could not afford to keep them,my guitar teaching business in this small town is in recession crisis,but hey i can always look forward to owning another in the future.

mike

Mike sorry to hear this, as a country we are also feeling the pinch, but weirdly music tuition has been fantastic - In London the kids are just guitar mad! There are literally not enough teachers for the amount of kids who want to learn. It is the same with my local colleagues who I have spoken with, all of who are either near full, or who have a waiting list.

Even the local music schools have said they expected to take a hit, when the recession was first announced, but the 'hit' never happened and pupil lists are at an all time high. A lot of people have said they put it down to when people tighten their belts, they cut holidays and 'extras', but cling onto and enjoy what they have. I certainly haven't the answer, but jeez come to London!

Matt

Mike sorry to hear this, as a country we are also feeling the pinch, but weirdly music tuition has been fantastic - In London the kids are just guitar mad! There are literally not enough teachers for the amount of kids who want to learn. It is the same with my local colleagues who I have spoken with, all of who are either near full, or who have a waiting list.

Even the local music schools have said they expected to take a hit, when the recession was first announced, but the 'hit' never happened and pupil lists are at an all time high. A lot of people have said they put it down to when people tighten their belts, they cut holidays and 'extras', but cling onto and enjoy what they have. I certainly haven't the answer, but jeez come to London!

Matt

hi matt,

thanks for your reply.i think i;d work anywhere at the moment,really wouldnt know how to get into the teaching scene in london,but really you dont need to be sorry you gotta take the good with the bad.

thanks again

mike

Archived