Gibson Brands Forums

My Meager Guitar Inventory

Namvet

For me personally it's the electrics that proliferate

There seems to be an infinite variation on the construction, choice of wood, P/U's, aesthetics, tone

Before even thinking about amp choices :blink:

V

:-({|=

I get the same bit from my wife about the one bass is enough routine. I'll have to admit, it kinda' forces me to change the amp settings to augment my sound. I get some good varied sounds through the amp with my SG Std. bass. I just wouldn't let on to my wife about it though. [thumbup]

I CAN see some situations where a wife could be upset. When the majority of the household "extra" money is spent on guitars for dad, it might be time to check the fairness of it.

I can recall like an abused dog a time I had spent about 6-8k on the house, and decided to by a flametop for 2 grand. This woman had about 20k in the bank at this time. The fact that she was pissed at me for it and seemed to care nothing of my happiness took away not only my joy of the purpose, but a lot more.

LOVE is king. A woman may not be able to understand your passion and GAS, but if she doesn't care for your happiness and respond to your joy, maybe she needs to be shown what it is. If a guy takes an interest in the happiness of his woman and puts as much cash behind her, more love happens both ways.

All of mine are on wall hangers throughout the house ( mostly in my bedroom and living room ) , the wife walked right by my blue PRS Custom 24 for a week before she said anything about it .[tongue] The big surprise will be today when UPS drops off the Flood Tribute Studio in the swirled up green color. I had posted several days back my interest in a green BFG, but I soured on it. So..... In my zeal to obtain a green guitar, I played a blue one at GC and ordered the green one from Sweetwater.[biggrin]

All of mine are on wall hangers throughout the house ( mostly in my bedroom and living room ) , the wife walked right by my blue PRS Custom 24 for a week before she said anything about it .[tongue] The big surprise will be today when UPS drops off the Flood Tribute Studio in the swirled up green color. I had posted several days back my interest in a green BFG, but I soured on it. So..... In my zeal to obtain a green guitar, I played a blue one at GC and ordered the green one from Sweetwater.[biggrin]

Pics are a must! I thought they were gorgeous guitars!

Very nice trio of guitars, icvmcky!

(But then again, as I also have a Cherry-burst LP and a Lake Placid Blue Strat you're preaching to the converted!).

IMO it's the quality that counts - not the quantity - and yours are high quality instruments for sure.

Personally, as I'm merely a hobbyist player, I'm certain that I'd be happy just as long as I can hang on to my #1. Any others are really just spares.

P.

I have the Strat for 60s stuff like Tommy James and the Shondells, the Les Paul for rock & blues though the Strat sounds good with blues and of course the acoustic for folk based stuff.

Honey, Men are not wired to be monogamous.

Since I plan to be true to you, I need to be polygamous with something. That thing is guitars.

You need to be singing love songs to her.

For the most part, most non-players cannot distinguish different voices of different guitars.

"How many lipsticks, shoes, Hummels, necklaces, rings, pots and pans, various and sundry tchotchkes ...." ad infinitum, though logical doesn't work.

She has been with me and 16 guitars in the house, and she was sad when she saw me have to sell my last one, my Purple Yankee Kramer, to make a car payment.

I was playing a 72 L6S when we started dating. In my life she has bought me some seriously great guitars. My current (15 years now) #1 Tele, my 'splorer, couple others. I have 9, could have 90, she knew the job was dangerous when she took it, and has never complained.

However many we end up with, we will leave them to Yellowstone Foundation to be auctioned, so kids can go and see what really matters.

rct

She has been with me and 16 guitars in the house, and she was sad when she saw me have to sell my last one, my Purple Yankee Kramer, to make a car payment.

I was playing a 72 L6S when we started dating. In my life she has bought me some seriously great guitars. My current (15 years now) #1 Tele, my 'splorer, couple others. I have 9, could have 90, she knew the job was dangerous when she took it, and has never complained.

However many we end up with, we will leave them to Yellowstone Foundation to be auctioned, so kids can go and see what really matters.

rct

[thumbup]

Archived