Gibson Brands Forums

My Meager Guitar Inventory

Namvet

My meager guitar inventory. Fender acoustic/electric, Fender Stratocaster and Gibson Les Paul 50s Tribute. Want more but the Mrs. always says why do you need more guitars? She thinks one is enough. Asked for a little 4 channel recorder for Fathers Day and got a mean look.

Ah heck good bud......I play every day...I have so many guitars some don't get played for years.....

Try the following........

" Hon, I'm retired now, I NEED more guitars. " " In order to LEARN properly, I NEED more guitars. " " Hon, another guitar would look

really nice in that corner, don't you agree ?? " " Hon, guitars are a great INVESTMENT." " This model comes in nine different colors,

I honestly couldn't choose between them all. " " Hon, I got ANOTHER beautiful guitar for you, because I LOVE you so much. "

" Jimmy Page played one just like this one. " " I needed a bluegrass guitar. " " Hon !!!!! Look what I found in the attic !!!! "

" I helped someone with a flat tire, and he gave me this guitar. " " Hon, guitars need to rest, so, I need more to play while the

others rest." " Hon !!! Look !!! This one matches the drapes !!!! " " I saved a BUNDLE on THIS one !!! " " The dog will just love the

tone of this one. " " Sweetheart, NO guitarest has JUST ONE STRATOCASTER. " " Country MUST be played on a Tele. "

" Hon, did you know that you can't use REGULAR guitars for recording ??? " " The guys on the lounge say I need more guitars. "

" This travel guitar is perfect for the truck. " " Happy Birthday Hon, do you like it ?? " Happy anniversary hon !!! " " Hon, for each

HUMMEL figurine you have, I should have a guitar, it's only fair. "

Great looking trio!!!!

In my house is the same thing, but I rather beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. As a matter of fact, I got a new one yesterday (ES 359) and she still hasn´t seen it. When she does.........[scared]

Yeah, I sneaked in a Vibro Champ amp and she's seen it but hasn't said anything. Maybe it hasn't registered yet and it's been about 3 months!!!

Ah heck good bud......I play every day...I have so many guitars some don't get played for years.....

" Hon, I'm retired now, I NEED more guitars. " " In order to LEARN properly, I NEED more guitars. " " Hon, another guitar would look

really nice in that corner, don't you agree ?? " " Hon, guitars are a great INVESTMENT." " This model comes in nine different colors,

I honestly couldn't choose between them all. " " Hon, I got ANOTHER beautiful guitar for you, because I LOVE you so much. "

" Jimmy Page played one just like this one. " " I needed a bluegrass guitar. " " Hon !!!!! Look what I found in the attic !!!! "

" I helped someone with a flat tire, and he gave me this guitar. " " Hon, guitars need to rest, so, I need more to play while the

others rest." " Hon !!! Look !!! This one matches the drapes !!!! " " I saved a BUNDLE on THIS one !!! " " The dog will just love the

tone of this one. " " Sweetheart, NO guitarest has JUST ONE STRATOCASTER. " " Country MUST be played on a Tele. "

" Hon, did you know that you can't use REGULAR guitars for recording ??? " " The guys on the lounge say I need more guitars. "

" This travel guitar is perfect for the truck. " " Happy Birthday Hon, do you like it ?? " Happy anniversary hon !!! " " Hon, for each

Tried some of that. The only reason she went along with the 50s Tribute was iff I sold my Epi Les Paul and had to give her a hundred bucks to boot! But it's OK for her to go buy new furniture because she's tired of the colors!! [crying][cursing][confused][thumbdn]

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Try this...

If you can afford a guitar, you want a guitar, you have room for a guitar then buy a guitar and say, "I have bought a new guitar". If you get any grief politely explain there are 2 options, liking or lumping.

Try this...

If you can afford a guitar, you want a guitar, you have room for a guitar then buy a guitar and say, "I have bought a new guitar". If you get any grief politely explain there are 2 options, liking or lumping.

Tried that too, mostly get the lumping ](*,)+:-@#-o

[lol] [lol] [lol] ....

Ya know......an un named member here did / does the following.....and I laughed when I realized that throughout the years that

I as well have done this, and variations thereof ( as have other members here )....; However, in order for this to work, a sizable

collection needs to be in place first....Rotate one's guitars...This way, it's easy to add one in; " Is that a new guitar ? " " No Hon,

I just haven't played it in a while. " ...........And many variations on this main theme..........

I state when I start a serious relationship with a girl that guitars to me are like shoes and purses to her, If I see one I like I will buy it and if there is any complaining there is the door. Most of them dont care at all, a couple have been really bad about it and it usually ends up being the end of the relationship, its a great way to test the water...does she love you enough to put up with all the guitars. For you older chaps you can claim its your midlife crisis and only buying 20 guitars or a new 2011 Corvette Z06 was going to make you feel better. It should always be one guitar per pair of womens shoes and one guitar per womens purse in any household.

Nice start on a collection. My wife used to say oh well I guess its cheaper than a mistress! Now I think she believes a mistress might have been the better deal at leasta mistress would take up less space.

Guitars are like everything else in our house when I buy something at first my wife just shakes her head and says you bought another guitar huh? After she finds out what they are actually worth she smiles and says oh WE have another guiatar huh?

There are different schools of thought......but;

I chose my wives based upon, in large part, how supportive they'd be of my music....

I'll never marry again, but my current gal supports my music fully, and completely....

Mine to - she actually is one of my most valued resources when I want to buy a new guitar. She has a great ear for a guitar tone especially with acoustics and she can recognize most models and brands with just a glance. last year she surprised me the most when she came back from a business trip with a 1976 Les Paul Recording model that she had seen listed on a company bulletin board in St Louis. She looked at it and argued the guy down to a very good price and even made him bring the original Gibson hard case into the office before she bought it. He had brought it is a gig bag thinking it would be easier for her to carry and she apparently told him nope he won't be happy without the original case you showed in the add so he went home and got it.

I was truly amazed when she came walking out of the airport door carrying a guitar when I picked her up. And she was right it was the nicest recording model Ive ever seen, it looked brand new there was even a string pack with a 1978 date on it in the case and I'm guessing that it still had 1978 strings on it when she bought it.

Now thats a wife thats a real keeper.

Next guitar, I will try that, I 'll keep you informed [thumbup][biggrin]

Mine to - she actually is one of my most valued resources when I want to buy a new guitar. She has a great ear for a guitar tone especially with acoustics and she can recognize most models and brands with just a glance. last year she surprised me the most when she came back from a business trip with a 1976 Les Paul Recording model that she had seen listed on a company bulletin board in St Louis. She looked at it and argued the guy down to a very good price and even made him bring the original Gibson hard case into the office before she bought it. He had brought it is a gig bag thinking it would be easier for her to carry and she apparently told him nope he won't be happy without the original case you showed in the add so he went home and got it.

I was truly amazed when she came walking out of the airport door carrying a guitar when I picked her up. And she was right it was the nicest recording model Ive ever seen, it looked brand new there was even a string pack with a 1978 date on it in the case and I'm guessing that it still had 1978 strings on it when she bought it.

Now thats a wife thats a real keeper.

Awesome.

And that green Gretsch she got you... I mean the fact that I even remember that goes to show how sweet it is. It has given me some long-term GAS.

Very nice trio of guitars, icvmcky!

(But then again, as I also have a Cherry-burst LP and a Lake Placid Blue Strat you're preaching to the converted!).

IMO it's the quality that counts - not the quantity - and yours are high quality instruments for sure.

Personally, as I'm merely a hobbyist player, I'm certain that I'd be happy just as long as I can hang on to my #1. Any others are really just spares.

P.

Archived