Gibson Brands Forums

So...the new Morbid Angel album is pretty terrible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-vwSyuZzoI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SvYa6g-l4M&feature=related

I have nothing else to say, except that this band is officially dead to me now. It's really a shame, because I loved Morbid Angel before. Heck, I even liked Heretic and Formulas Fatal to the Flesh. Trey has been my forum avatar for months. Not anymore.

**** Trey Azagthoth and **** David Vincent.

Im so happy i didnt buy it then.

Sorry man, the band was going downhill. Mabye thats why Pete left...?

People are calling it the St Anger of death metal...sigh.

It is pretty much the St. Anger of death metal. There are also jokes going around about "Marilyn Manson's new album."

I know, they had been in decline for a while--everything after Domination was basically an attempt at trying to appeal to mainstream audiences.

It's funny...back when Heretic came out, I thought it sucked because of the lousy production. Now I know for sure that I'll take lousy production over lousy songwriting any day. It's the same lesson I learned with Asphyx...

It is pretty much the St. Anger of death metal. There are also jokes going around about "Marilyn Manson's new album."

I know, they had been in decline for a while--everything after Domination was basically an attempt at trying to appeal to mainstream audiences.

It's funny...back when Heretic came out, I thought it sucked because of the lousy production. Now I know for sure that I'll take lousy production over lousy songwriting any day. It's the same lesson I learned with Asphyx...

Funny, there is old video of Trey *****ing about Metallica success and how he would never want to be like them...and now this.

Metal music works in very mysterious ways. [lol]

Heres this to lighten the mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLspGr_ukbo&feature=related

I think the last Morbid Angel album I bought was Blessed are the Sick.

I saw them in the mid 1990s, and found it worth the price of the ticket.

These guys are trying to mix it up a little after 20 years. Its different, and not my cup of tea, but its not the worst record Ive ever heard. I would rather listen to it than any Metallica album post Justice for All.

Ive never heard of Weapon, ill add em to my list. They sound pretty good.

Ive been addicted to Deathspell Omega, this band just grabs me. Theres secret chants in every song, most evil record ever! The lyrics are some of the best ive ever seen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj0qx97jb3c&feature=related

I'm sure you guys know I'm not really a metalhead but I actually loved this. I didn't really like the sound of the drums (not really the playing just the sound) and some of the faster parts lost me but the slower parts were amazing... Like reaaally cool. I loved the guitar. I loved the "tone" and the playing. It's so cool to hear gnarly metal with a guitar that isn't EMGs into some crazy half stack.

I even loved the image in the background (album cover). That would make a cool tshirt.

A lot of the guitar parts reminded me of Cursive. I'll try to post a song to show you what I mean.

Alright after listening to a bunch of Cursive maybe the guitars don't sound too similar afterall.. lol

it's mainly that they do the same kindof dissonant chords sometimes

anyways.. I figured I'd post a couple of their songs anyways. Maybe you or xdemon will dig.

This is my favorite song

another good'n off the same album

if you like either of those I recommend you get the album Domestica. They have some other great albums but Domestica is where it's at.

Sorry for the non-metal thread derailment.

Archived