Gibson Brands Forums

Roll out the family...

Well I promised a collective pick of the current collection so here it is... [thumbup]

SDC11327.jpg

Now in seperate sets of 3... Gibson/Epiphone Left & Fender Right.

SDC11324.jpgSDC11322.jpg

and finally the 2 signatures together...

SDC11331.jpg

On a final note, im still waiting on Epi Joe Bonamassa (STILL delayed on the mysterious case issue, BUT reviewed in UK Guitarist Magazine)

Also the accoustic on the left in my first photo is my Dads 1986 "Marlin" but I use that pretty much exclusively now as Dad gave up [thumbdn]

Wonderful collection Snakey, all very nice instruments, some real stunners there, congrats mate.

BTW: What amp do you usually play them through ???

The Epi's & Gibson via a Marshall either the 30dfx or the 15cdr

The Fender Bass via the Frontman 15B

The Fender Mustang via the Mustang I [biggrin]

The reason as you would expect is pickups Fender do a beter single coil amp, where as Marshall do the better humbucker type... but maybe thats just me.

The Epi's & Gibson via a Marshall either the 30dfx or the 15cdr

The Fender Bass via the Frontman 15B

The Fender Mustang via the Mustang I [biggrin]

The reason as you would expect is pickups Fender do a beter single coil amp, where as Marshall do the better humbucker type... but maybe thats just me.

Wow, that's a very specific setup for each, and if your reasoning is that you prefer those sound pairings, then that's all that matters.

EDIT: Do you have any valve amps ???

No valves yet, but im looking at the blackstar ones... (Rob Chappers gives some good reviews)

Also look at the Egnater Tweakers, both Fender and Marshall sounds in one amp, it's the next thing on my list.

I haven't mentioned the "Peter Green" Mode yet.

Well its done via pull pot system but being a DOUBLE connection Gibson pickups they can cause feedback if hit or acts as a kill switch is touched with the strings...

In terms of tone in the middle position you get a nice bright output similiar to a Fender single coil but LOUDER! (Compared to my Mustang)

What's the deal with the thumb rest thing on the red bass? Aren't those usually on the bottom down below the strings?

You can have it in either position, but with covers you need the rest for the thumb while you use your fingers

the bottom position would be for the opposite resting the fingers to play with the thumb.

Again its a player preference which way you go...

You can have it in either position, but with covers you need the rest for the thumb while you use your fingers

the bottom position would be for the opposite resting the fingers to play with the thumb.

Again its a player preference which way you go...

Ahhh okay, that makes sense. I think they look really cool. It definitely adds something to the overall vibe.

What's the deal with the thumb rest thing on the red bass? Aren't those usually on the bottom down below the strings?

The "factory" position for the thumb rest is traditionally on the lower side as you say for a Jazz Bass, and the upper side similer to what is shown on a P Bass.

Thank you for not using the pawn shop. The guys who finished #2 in the Cold War ran some of the pawn shops around my old neighborhood. I told them that tubes were cool in amplifiers (but not in fighter jets). Did they go to Led Zeppelin shows to get spare tubes? They seemed to be saying "He who owns most of YOUR toys, wins.."

Nice collection of guitars. Do you avoid stating a "favorite" or is there one there that you always play? I'm starting to like those Epiphone Hawks. I did say Hawk not hock.

Very nice Snakey [thumbup] But you have made a terrible terrible mistake.....you SOLD a guitar to buy a new one! LOL

I know some guys on here have 2 or more of the same guitar with matching specs but I dont see the point in that (Unless I become BIG)

The Bonamassa is the same spec so that was the reason...

Most of the time I buy "Slightly" used guitars.

I WILL be buying more tho... [biggrin]

Archived