Gibson Brands Forums

New Pedlulz Day!!!

Silenced Fred

Traded the SoundShank, got two pedals in return. Its like they are multiplying now...

But what is this?

Open it up to find to my great excitement...

Modded Big Muff and a Will Sledge the Judge Fuzz Factory Clone. Sexy [love]

f5a30bf7.jpg

bce54e64.jpg

Not really sure what the extra hole is for yet...

db3741db.jpg

Family picture

5c2e347a.jpg

Dub, I won't send you the Muff, but I might be selling my Swollen Pickle...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna guess the extra hole is a 9v DC tap?

That Muff is hawt. So is the FF clone. Nice trade dude! Are there any other mods on the Muff other than the tone bypass and mystery hole?

I actually just hit up R&D about an IC Muff clone today. I've got a dude over at ILF that wants to buy my Tone Machine too.

I'm gonna guess the extra hole is a 9v DC tap?

That Muff is hawt. So is the FF clone. Nice trade dude! Are there any other mods on the Muff other than the tone bypass and mystery hole?

I actually just hit up R&D about an IC Muff clone today. I've got a dude over at ILF that wants to buy my Tone Machine too.

I'm guessing that is what it is too, but I'm just using a battery for now

I don't think there are any more mods, I think he said something about it being louder than a usual muff, which I think it is, but thats about it.

I still have to figure out the Fuzz Factory Clone, I think one knob is more like a straight up tone knob instead of something else, but I digress

Lemme know about the IC Muff Clone.

The only bad thing is, I have to make a new board, my stuff doesn't fit on it anymore... [unsure]

Hey Fred, you know what's a really sweet pedal?

Modify-Your-Boss-DS-1.jpg

T0ne for dayz. [lol]

Kidding bro.

No kidding about this, though: that modded Muff looks like it ****in' owns.

I spit out my lemonade at the picture, it looked somethign like this: Cereal-Guy-Spit.jpg?t=1302096176

The Big Muff is great for d00m t00nez

I'm guessing that is what it is too, but I'm just using a battery for now

I don't think there are any more mods, I think he said something about it being louder than a usual muff, which I think it is, but thats about it.

I still have to figure out the Fuzz Factory Clone, I think one knob is more like a straight up tone knob instead of something else, but I digress

Lemme know about the IC Muff Clone.

The only bad thing is, I have to make a new board, my stuff doesn't fit on it anymore... [unsure]

Well if you bypass the tone it's louder and doesn't have the mid scoop.

Yeah I watched the demo on that FF clone and it doesn't sound quite like my FF but it's pretty close. Maybe it was just the guitar/amp, but I think mine sounds different.

Well if you bypass the tone it's louder and doesn't have the mid scoop.

Yeah I watched the demo on that FF clone and it doesn't sound quite like my FF but it's pretty close. Maybe it was just the guitar/amp, but I think mine sounds different.

It doesn't have as much of the Velcro sound... not gonna lie

But, I was running it with my amp on 6 and just messing with knobs, only got a little bit before I had other things to do. So who knows? [biggrin]

Now, this just means I need to buy more pedals... damn it [woot]

Veeeeellllllllcccrrrrrooooooooooooo

how does it feel to be back in the velcro saddle

I am digging it!

But alas, now I need to make a new board. The infamous STUD board is going to be retired. Damn the Big Muff, that ****er takes up like half my board [thumbdn]

Yes, including this one

241b1f0a.jpg

Are those Ge tranies I see? Fills my heart with joy, right down to the black bottom, next to the spot I reserve for satan. So, the knobs are moved around? Hmmm. Would have a hard time with mine if the knobs weren't labeled.

We'll be jamming again soon so I can hear you run these noise makers through their paces. Not a Big Muff fan (I do like seventies bush in ginger or blond. not the same thing, though, is it?), but they do become usable when you take out the mid scoopyness.

Are those Ge tranies I see? Fills my heart with joy, right down to the black bottom, next to the spot I reserve for satan. So, the knobs are moved around? Hmmm. Would have a hard time with mine if the knobs weren't labeled.

We'll be jamming again soon so I can hear you run these noise makers through their paces. Not a Big Muff fan (I do like seventies bush in ginger or blond. not the same thing, though, is it?), but they do become usable when you take out the mid scoopyness.

It's not the same controls I found out, no labels on the knobs so I stood perplexed for quite some time

I use the Big Muff mainly for the oversaturation, I get my natural overdrive from the amp when I push it with the pickups, dial it back for cleans and then I use the effects loop to add tons of gain, and get some nice feedback riddled riffs.

I am loving my rig right now

What are the controls on that thing?

I'm with evol on the muff (although I'm a big fan) they're way more useful in a band without the mid scoop. Although they sound great recorded with the scoop.

I'm pretty stoked to get my IC muff (I asked for a tone bypass on it). I think I'm gonna sell my Skreddy and put the money towards the IC and a TC Hall of Fame or somethin. I just sold the Tone Machine too. Sorry Fred.

Archived