Gibson Brands Forums

New song

AnneS

Let me start by saying I didn't post this under the "performances" thread because I didn't want to mis-label. This is the very first rough cut of my latest newborn. It's the recording I'll need to listen to a million times, just to learn the song myself. (If you've ever done this, you prolly know what I mean.)

I had a feel for this one for the last couple of days, but it didn't declare itself until just this morning. Everything here will one day be re-done (the playing is a bit stumbly, the vocals are hanging on, and the prod is off), but it'll do for present purposes, I 'spect. (Pretend you're in my living room with me, listening.)

Anyhoo...I hope no one minds me sharing while it's still brand new to the world. Take a listen, if you like. [wink]

Keep My Peace

Thanks...

Anne

Anne, really nice material. I listened to each of your songs this morning. Good lyrics and you sing well also. Really folksy stuff. Easy-to-listen-to. The Tulsa Queen and You and It's Only Time are really sweet songs. Keep My Peace is a poignant "slice of life" song. Nicely done. Nice guitar work too.

You guys are awesome! Thank you SO much for taking the time to listen and to post--it really does my heart good, both to share the tunes and to hear such nice comments. Generous hearts, one and all--I'm touched. [blush]

Archived