Gibson Brands Forums

Total GAS for a Gretsch

dc3c46

Yeah Jeff-7 that board was a little thirsty that was the day I bought it. It had been forgotten in the back of a shops climate controlled storage still in the factory box for four years. The guy that had ordered it lost his job but he was a good customer so they had set it aside for him but his new job was out of state and his salesman that had put it away had quit and somehow they forgot it was there. They found it during a inventory search and called me since I wanted one from before Fender. It was a little dry but nothing a little fret oil and some light polish couldn't cure.

I likes me some Gretsch. Especially the White Penguin:

peng.jpg

Basically a Jet with White Falcon styling. [drool]

Very nice indeed if a little bling...

IMO the Jets make an interesting alternative to the ubiquitous Les Pauls

V

:-({|=

My extremely awesome girlfriend suprised me with a Gretsch G5120 for Christmas a few years ago. Buying a Gretsch had never crossed my mind before. I have to say even though it is not their top of the line guitar I was completely blown away by how versatile the sound is on it and how good the pickups sound for all kinds of music. I think it is very cool and was very surprised. Good Christmas and Great girlfriend![thumbup]

I likes me some Gretsch. Especially the White Penguin:

peng.jpg

Basically a Jet with White Falcon styling. [drool]

Not to rain on your parade, but the Penguin is chambered. I think the Jet is solid body and heavy as hell. Regardless, you have excellent taste. Having played a black Penguin, these are killer axes. The tones could bring a grown man to his knees.

Not to rain on your parade, but the Penguin is chambered. I think the Jet is solid body and heavy as hell. Regardless, you have excellent taste. Having played a black Penguin, these are killer axes. The tones could bring a grown man to his knees.

The Jets are chambered too and hang very comfortably...

IMO Gretsch and Rickenbacker offer that unique option of S/C's with a hollow or semi hollow body

Giving them twang+ and perhaps explaining why the Beatles used them for interesting tones....

V

:-({|=

I have a one off black 1966 Gretsch Tennessean as opposed to the universal burgundy colour.She's just a sweet guitar to play and hear.When I plug into my Vox amps it's 1964 again.Only a Gretsch can sound like a Gretsch and no other guitar could ever hope to emulate its unique tone.

Oh no, I know that the Penguin is chambered--it's still a sweet guitar. [thumbup]

Archived