Gibson Brands Forums

So i played one of those custom shop fender relic guitars a few days ago and it change my mind about em...

dem00n

217386_1992645943756_1471628963_2242866_7141320_n.jpg

Tele Time!

I don't mind "relic" guitars as long as it doesn't go WAY overboard with it...But I'd rather do the damage instead of someone else, the only plus's is that they play great..(I've played a Roadword, and a Custom Relic Tele) Especially the necks..

I wonder if Fender is hiring...That would be a great job!

One more thing, relcing a guitar is not easy. I hate it when people think just anyone can do it, its an art. It takes time and patience, it also just cant be done in a day or two. Takes alot of time, theres a guy on the MLP forum who relics his own guitars and he admits it takes a master to do the real relicing you see on 2k plus guitars.

Sure your saying those road worn guitars are easy but those arent reliced as well as its post to be, just made it looked relic.

The Fender Custom Shop Relics blow away any

Aged Gibson I've ever seen.

Much more realistic aging IMO.

The razor checking looks soooo FAKE to me, espcially

those headstocks.

This kills me cuz I'm a die-hard LP nut (head-case).

I wish Gibson had the Fender Relic treatment.

Currently my only Fender... the relic job (in person) is just sick,

I love it...

DSC01589.jpg

I admit it takes time, patience, and a master to properly relic a guitar, but I like to beat the hell out of guitars myself.

In 20 years it'll look the same, only my dings will have memories and stories.

I prefer to relic my guitars myself.......In my younger days, I destroyed many guitars, even Gibsons.....

I've changed......But, any dings my guitars get now, by accident, or from overuse, is natural relicing........

So, good for you Kimbabig, relic your guitars the natural way, and they'll have REAL stories and memories.......

I, myself, can't imagine the following conversation ; " Wow, look at your old beat up guitar, where did you get it ?? "

" I payed a SUPER EXTRA PREMIUM PRICE for it. Look how it's all beat up. I don't play it ' cause I might dent it. "

If you find one of the Fender California Fat Telecasters (comes with either a humbucker or a strat pickup for the neck) you got a good guitar.

I like that '63 too.

The Fender Fat Telecaster from the California series are a fraction of the price. Made in America, spray painted in Mexico and then sent back here for the American market.

You can usually pick one up for around $700.00 on ebay.

Archived