Gibson Brands Forums

Fakes on ebay...

LSAR

Out of curiosity... what does happen to these people on Ebay/Craigslist that sell Fake Gibson/Epiphone's... i reported my fair share on craigslist... and Gibson replied thanks they are getting their legal team to sort it out... I'm just wondering if they get arrested or maybe banned from Craigslist/eBay? im leaning more towards Arrested though

Thanks mate [thumbup] , I'll use my weight but obviously the more that report him the better

PS: The Serials are SOOOOOOOO wrong

Serial #s, TRCs, Pickup logos, diamond headstock inlay looks weird, backplate is a bit close to the edge, some of the knobs are a bit far apart...All sorts of things are wrong with them...but the price raised my eyebrow, but when I saw the serial number I just laughed, definetly not even close![mellow]

Out of curiosity... what does happen to these people on Ebay/Craigslist that sell Fake Gibson/Epiphone's... i reported my fair share on craigslist... and Gibson replied thanks they are getting their legal team to sort it out... I'm just wondering if they get arrested or maybe banned from Craigslist/eBay? im leaning more towards Arrested though

Good question, I somehow doubt much happens other than the ad being removed...

Why on earth don't they just write thier own name on the headstock and advertise them on ebay as LP copys ... they would still get a couple of hundred bucks for em.

+1

I've done that, I have several no-name guitars based on popular models, both G and F styles, then mod the crap out of them, they make terrific starting points for modding projects.

I'm pretty sure that as far as Craigslist is concerned they are simply banned, but I agree with another here that said they simply open another account. I would like to see the individuals or perhaps oversees companies prosecuted for putting out fake equipment, and I'm sure Gibson, Epiphone and the like would like to do that. The cost factor would be pretty steep though. They might put one out of business and have the companies C.E.Os put behind bars, but unfortunately there will be others doing the same. It would be like fighting a losing battle. Their only line of defense is in legitimate serial numbers, exact specifications under lock and key etc., and wise consumers such as ourselves that are aware of this sort of activity. Just my 2 cents anyway.

I saw one today having work done to it

It was a FAKE Alpine White LP Custom

None of the electrics I found out where branded and the "Gold" well lets just say theirs more gold in nickle covered in piss...

The owner sent it in for work as it had "Electrical issues" needless to say I told the guy right their and then it was a fake alot was wrong with it and the stickers on the back where definately no epi issue...

Its a shame its so rife. Pitty really [crying]

It was a FAKE Alpine White LP Custom

None of the electrics I found out where branded and the "Gold" well lets just say theirs more gold in nickle covered in piss...

Sounds like a genuine Epi to me, LOL.

Archived