Gibson Brands Forums

Jess Lewis and Andreia Passo

Duende

I'm a bit confused . . . . clicking to YouTube, the jazz girl's name is Jessica "Jess" Lewis; . but the shred girl's name is Andreia Passo ? . . . I must be missing something.

[confused]

At any rate, both videos a astonishing. Thanks Matt.

I'm a bit confused . . . . clicking to YouTube, the jazz girl's name is Jessica "Jess" Lewis; . but the shred girl's name is Andreia Passo ? . . . I must be missing something.

[confused]

Identity theft perhaps? [flapper]

[confused]

I think one of two things happened. One, Matt made a huge gigantic screw up thinking they were the same girl -or two, the girl Jess likes to go around pretending she is also a girl called Andrelia Passo.I screwed up - off to edit the title so it makes sense, but yes both clips are pretty amazing!

Matt

What impressed me about these young ladies was that they had beautiful phrasing, made a great sound and to top it all both have awesome chops [thumbup]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoZyeW9ndU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfmkCYqv-lc

Thanks for posting this.. IMHO, her jazz playing was much more impressive. Her shredding, was like any other I've heard over and over and over again over the years. She is a great player though.

I know this will make me sound reeeally old to some members here, but while I agree there's good music here, the thing that hits me is that young women are getting into it and doing quite well. When I was a kid, too many girls learned enough basic bump-shush playing to accompany their singing and that was it.

Now... I think there's more cultural encouragement of female artists and we're seeing increasing evidence of that.

m

Guest farnsbarns

Neither are my glass of ale but you gotta have huge respect for both. Highly skilled tough ladies.

Archived