Gibson Brands Forums

Can you tell what this is?

compo

thanks for that matey, have got a pic of the back of the guitar but i cant make the sn out.

It is a set neck but I tried looking for any info on ltd stud lps but i couldnt see one with no fret markers and just woundered if any of you guys knew what it could be or any info at all.

Thanks again

Yeah, they did.

I'm not saying that the one in the picture you posted is real, but I have seen a real Gibson LP exactly like it.

That picture is horrible. You should do what others have suggested...and that's get more pics and contact Gibson with the serial number.

Was holding off till i could check the sn but think i might just take a chance as its quite local to me and i cant remember seeing the colour before (seller says it was a limited run).

Its going for £400 ono, not sure if thats good or not so deceided to do some checking up and ask you guys

Hi Compo

400 pounds is about $600.00 US or more right? My opinion is for that price I would make sure it's autnentic.

I think you could call the seller and get the SN and then email Gibson for confirmation. For even quicker response you could call their 800 number but I don't know how mucn that call would be from England.

Then again if the seller is a sweet little old lady that goes to church every day and is close by then you may want to take a chance. O:)

Good luck

HP

Right!!

As I said.. Make sure it's authentic. When you find out it is a Gibson then for sure pony up that 400 pounds,

600 dollars, however many Euro's, Drakma's, Lira, Beaver pelt's, Beer, .. whatever!! It's a great deal.

Then again.. if 400 is a good price even for a copy then it sounds like you can't go wrong either way... I'd still wan't it to be a real gibby though.

Good luck and let us know.

HP

The guitar isn't a lefty. The pic is flopped.

For 1000 bonus points' date=' can anyone tell how I figured that out from that photo?[/quote']

I thought it was a lefty too. I don't know what flopped means, let alone know how you figured it out.

I think it has something to do with the fact that when looking down at it like that, the neck should be going to the left.

The guitar isn't a lefty. The pic is flopped.

For 1000 bonus points' date=' can anyone tell how I figured that out from that photo?[/quote']

Because of the case. Lefty Les Pauls don't come with lefty cases.

I'd better have those points by the end of the day, or else I'll come looking for you...

Because of the case. Lefty Les Pauls don't come with lefty cases.

I'd better have those points by the end of the day' date=' or else I'll come looking for you...[/quote']

DING, DING, DING!!!!

Give that man a prize!!!

If you think you lefties have a hard time getting guitar companies to make left handed guitars, try getting case companies to make left handed cases. I just doesn't happen.

And Tim, as far as your points...

just send me all your credit card info and I'll get you those points right away. =P~

Archived