Gibson Brands Forums

Tough week!

Bowdiddley

It's been a tough week, had to put my best friend of the last 13 years down, best dog I've ever had! Then Tuesday I learned I have to have surgery on the 19th to repair a 5" hernia where my transplant scar is.

All that don't matter right now cause I'm going to see Johnny in a few minutes! [thumbup]

It never fails to surprise me what a big pile of crap life can be sometimes.

I'm sorry for you bro, if it's any consolation from across the Atlantic I send you good will and firm manly handshake :)

It could be worse, I've not seen a gig for about 2 years now - damn them babies, damn them! :)

Have some beers, drink to pooch, drink to good health, have a good time, it's what it's all about

My heart sinks for you. I hate it when people say 'it's just a dog'. I lost my little 'Nipper' 3 1/2 years ago and it tore my heart out. Then out of the blue I rescued one. A pit cross. I saved her from being put to sleep. She the best thing that's happened to me ever. I love her to bits. The only problem is... She's 11! So I've not got her for long. Good luck with your health. When you're ok. Rescue a new 'best friend'. They'll thank you for it.

Thanks for the kind words!

Johnny was absolutely incredible, played a 2 hour set that ended with him and his Firebird wailing on Boney Moroney. It was an incredible show and really nice to see him in much better health and his head not fogged with drugs. He playing was spot on, he did a 15 minute version of "Dust My Broom" that had his band members trying to keep up.

I would highly recommend going to see him if you get the chance.

Archived