Gibson Brands Forums

the eagles?

S t e v e

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to love the Eagles until extreme over playing on the radio killed it for me.IF you tune into any "Classic Rock" station to this day you'll hear an Eagles song at least hourly.Radio has even killed the masterpiece "Hotel California" there's no denying that this song is a work of musical genius but constant overplaying has brought it to unlistenable status for me and when it comes on now I can't change stations fast enough.That's something that I loathe about "Classic Rock" stations-on the whole they have no imagination when it comes to programming and to this day only play songs that were extremely overplayed in their heydey.The only radio I listen to these days is Sirius satellite's Deep Grooves and LastFM on the net.The old video hit was somewhat right when it said that "Video Killed The Radio Star" but it was radio that killed the radio star.

I used to love the Eagles until extreme over playing on the radio killed it for me.IF you tune into any "Classic Rock" station to this day you'll hear an Eagles song at least hourly.Radio has even killed the masterpiece "Hotel California" there's no denying that this song is a work of musical genius but constant overplaying has brought it to unlistenable status for me and when it comes on now I can't change stations fast enough.That's something that I loathe about "Classic Rock" stations-on the whole they have no imagination when it comes to programming and to this day only play songs that were extremely overplayed in their heydey.The only radio I listen to these days is Sirius satellite's Deep Grooves and LastFM on the net.The old video hit was somewhat right when it said that "Video Killed The Radio Star" but it was radio that killed the radio star.

i agree, hotel cali has been played to death...so much so that you want to turn it off when it comes on the radio #-o

Kind of like "Stairway...".

There's a website called TuneIn that has tons of music off all kinds from a lot of sources a lot of it.

Kind of like "Stairway...".

There's a website called TuneIn that has tons of music off all kinds from a lot of sources a lot of it.

Good for you. I don't listen to a lot of Eagles, almost the only time is if I turn on our local "Classic Rock" station ironically known as The Eagle and refer to them as the station's "house band". I saw them twice in the prehistoric 70's, once in a smallish indoor venue and once at one of the horrendous "Day On The Green" thingies. I think I do have one, maybe two, Eagle albums on vinyl and no car stereo.

By the way, who is this Troll boy?

fred needs to reply to this [biggrin]

fred needs to reply to this [biggrin]

Why? You're sounding like that girl in the 8th grade who knew what was right for everybody and told everybody how to act and what to do.

I don't need a reply from Fred, he's made his point well enough. Go tell someone else what to do.

Why? You're sounding like that girl in the 8th grade who knew what was right for everybody and told everybody how to act and what to do.

I don't need a reply from Fred, he's made his point well enough. Go tell someone else what to do.

i'd like a reply from fred [biggrin]

You guys crack me up. I have to admit the back and forth banter between Fuzzles and gramps was both funny and good natured, with no hate. Also, intelligent discussion on the part of both.

The thing about DISCUSSION, is that sharing opinions or thoughts is what intelligent, thoughtful views can add to the mix.

TROLL, your responce? (hint: something intelligent to add-something from your mind)

You guys crack me up. I have to admit the back and forth banter between Fuzzles and gramps was both funny and good natured, with no hate. Also, intelligent discussion on the part of both.

The thing about DISCUSSION, is that sharing opinions or thoughts is what intelligent, thoughtful views can add to the mix.

TROLL, your responce? (hint: something intelligent to add-something from your mind)

what i do...works :)

That is a valid point. Kinda difficult to claim something works if there isn't anything on the table.

TROLL: your turn. Any thing to say at all?

i wind you all in, hook line and sinker and you all fall for it every time [laugh]

it's people like you that keep me posting here :), and i thank you for it [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

i wind you all in, hook line and sinker and you all fall for it every time [laugh]

it's people like you that keep me posting here :), and i thank you for it [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Wrong on the second point. You're believing our ego.

On the first part, what you see as reeling us in is really that we are fascinated by the monkey sitting in his own feces and occasionally throwing it at people. Again, your ego out of control.

Archived