Gibson Brands Forums

the eagles?

S t e v e

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted Today, 02:54 PM

It's normal to hate the Eagles... They can actually play, sing, write and perform for millions of people...

So can Lady Gaga...

I get it now Fred, that is, why you like Lady Gaga (drum roll please)

She has FUZZZZ on her upper lip [flapper][lol][lol]

The Eagles were the soundtrack to my high school years. The songs were memorable, their harmonies were soild, and they were pretty good musicians, too. I never get tired of singing along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXtg9zg1ggc

Exactly. I graduated HS 78. The Eagles were it back then. Some really great stuff, we played a few of their songs in my band back then (actually even now).

They opened for Yes? Interesting.

Probably 1972 or 73 - before "Desperado" album. They had two singles on the radio, "Take It Easy" had been out for a while "Witchy Woman" was the new single.

Both bands were great. I had third row center seats at Merriweather Post Pavillion in Columbia MD. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Great band with solid songs and lot's of memories when I hear them - they have been on some kind of going away tour since 1994 which is getting old but hey there still selling tickets. the last resort is one of my all time favorites.

How can anyone that likes rock and roll bag on Joe Walsh ???

I love the Eagles. They were my first concert. the main thing I hate about them is the companies they work with,

a bunch of corporate bums. [thumbdn] but they are great live and thats my opinion.

my fave song is "Take it Easy" [biggrin]

I love the Eagles stuff. Great songwriting, great vocals and quality musicians. The only thing I detest is that the let themselves become exactly what they used to sing against. Which is to say a corporation where the bottom line is all that matters.

They're a pretty good cover band now though.

And your point is...?

my point is if your argument is that "They can actually play, sing, write and perform for millions of people..." with their own songs, and I say that Lady Gaga does as well, assuming that you are one of the people on here that dislikes her, your argument is invalid. If you aren't going to acknowledge both sides, then your argument is stupid.

I don't like the Eagles because it's "Dad Rock" and I can't stand their songs.

Alas, but its classic rock, and anyone that looks down upon Classic Dad Rock is a heathen and must be burned at the stake

my point is if your argument is that "They can actually play, sing, write and perform for millions of people..." with their own songs, and I say that Lady Gaga does as well, assuming that you are one of the people on here that dislikes her, your argument is invalid. If you aren't going to acknowledge both sides, then your argument is stupid.

I don't like the Eagles because it's "Dad Rock" and I can't stand their songs.

Alas, but its classic rock, and anyone that looks down upon Classic Dad Rock is a heathen and must be burned at the stake

Oh lordy lordy aren't you a touchy one. You take things far too personally which is a trait that will not serve you as you grow up. As I recall you were involved in some kind of drama here and you threatened to quit us. As saw it you kind of brought some of it on yourself and you over sensitivity added to it. Whatever it is in your life that causes this is something that you should think about changing. If someone disagrees with you about something like the Eagles it should not be taken as a personal put-down and if someone tries to make it personal about you, just let it slide.

And without this "Dad Rock" whatever "Your Rock" is probably would not exist.

And I like GaGa, not so much her music but her style and attitude. It's in the same in-your-face mold as all good rockers from the beginning of rock.

Oh lordy lordy aren't you a touchy one. You take things far too personally which is a trait that will not serve you as you grow up. As I recall you were involved in some kind of drama here and you threatened to quit us. As saw it you kind of brought some of it on yourself and you over sensitivity added to it. Whatever it is in your life that causes this is something that you should think about changing. If someone disagrees with you about something like the Eagles it should not be taken as a personal put-down and if someone tries to make it personal about you, just let it slide.

what you got to say to that fred? [biggrin]

And I like GaGa, not so much her music but her style and attitude. It's in the same in-your-face mold as all good rockers from the beginning of rock.

I haven't taken this personally. I'm just saying to use that argument is stupid. I never said the Eagles suck at playing, they suck at making songs that appeal to Fred.

Without the early blues, Dad Rock wouldn't have existed. You don't have to like it, it just is. I didn't make it personal dude, read it up

And the drama was boyvader internet harassing me, something different than disagreeing

I haven't taken this personally. I'm just saying to use that argument is stupid. I never said the Eagles suck at playing, they suck at making songs that appeal to Fred.

Without the early blues, Dad Rock wouldn't have existed. You don't have to like it, it just is. I didn't make it personal dude, read it up

And the drama was boyvader internet harassing me, something different than disagreeing

a valid comeback from fred, anything to add grampa? [biggrin]

Nothing about the Eagles.

But Fred did mention something about being burned like a witch for disagreing. A little extreme and has a sense of a persecution complex.

LOL You guys are hilarious. Go blast an Eagles CD through your car stereo and reminisce about the good old days. I'm gonna go play some new evil music then go cook dinner for some family friends.

btw, please think about the environment. burning people isn't good for the ozone

LOL You guys are hilarious. Go blast an Eagles CD through your car stereo and reminisce about the good old days. I'm gonna go play some new evil music then go cook dinner for some family friends.

btw, please think about the environment. burning people isn't good for the ozone

ouch!, by far the most "valid" reply from the fred/grampa saga...your call grampa? [biggrin]

Good for you. I don't listen to a lot of Eagles, almost the only time is if I turn on our local "Classic Rock" station ironically known as The Eagle and refer to them as the station's "house band". I saw them twice in the prehistoric 70's, once in a smallish indoor venue and once at one of the horrendous "Day On The Green" thingies. I think I do have one, maybe two, Eagle albums on vinyl and no car stereo.

By the way, who is this Troll boy?

Archived