Gibson Brands Forums

Dr. Scientist The Elements

dem00n

Someone's been perusing ILF..

The Elements sounds totally awesome to me. I generally prefer dirt pedals to have few knobs and switches, but I think they're justified on this one. This pedal was based off his EQ/booster, The Cleanness, with added options for different clipping and whatnot. So this pedal can cover EQ, clean boost, overdrive, and distortion.

I still think his coolest pedal is the Cosmichorus, but I'm a little biased on that haha

He is working on the Ultimate Cosmichorus, but I'm sticking with my regular v.2 Cosmichorus. It just sounds perfect as it is and I'm not sure I could handle any more knobs/switches.

I am excited to see what else he comes out with though. He's a real nice guy if you've had a chance to talk with him.

The RRR is my second favorite Dr Sci pedal. I'm waiting to see what he does with the Ultimate RRR.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo dem00n I saw this demo today and thought I'd post it here for you to check out

Also, I signed up to get the Elements and RRR in a tourbox. I'm pretty excited to get to check them out in my rig. Should be cool. I'll tell you what I think of the Elements when I get it.

Yo dem00n I saw this demo today and thought I'd post it here for you to check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAMlcSBw9xc

Also, I signed up to get the Elements and RRR in a tourbox. I'm pretty excited to get to check them out in my rig. Should be cool. I'll tell you what I think of the Elements when I get it.

what a great little pedal and 3:50 reminds me why i like Jimmy Page so much - superior riff writing [thumbup]

Matt

That pedal is very nice, the only thing i wouldnt use is the distortion because its kinda medicore. For overdrive or a little fuzz this pedals sounds great. If i ever see it used ill pick it up!

Also the No Brainer came in yesterday, man that pedal can make the ES-125T do death metal no problem. [lol]

Yeah I probably wouldn't buy one just because I really don't use that kindof sound at all. I use a slight voxy crunch which my fvck overdrive rules and straight up psychedelic fuzz. I don't like the inbetween distortion sounds.

But with that being said, I'm still really curious about it and I'm looking forward to checking it out. Who knows GAS may strike when I get it.

The No Brainer sounds amazing. Sometimes four knobs (or less) deliver all the versatility you need.

Archived