Gibson Brands Forums

It Lives! Big Country video added

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

Some of you know I have been working on a new website for Big Country. Today I have launched it, allbeit with a few half mesures that are to be sorted out onver the coming days. This became necessary because the new tour HAD to be announced today and they wanted the site live. I now have some improvements to make with member logins and tiered membership.

New Big Country Website

Guest farnsbarns

Thanks all, still working on it, it was a real rush to get it live before the tour was announced. 6 minutes to spare! I worked for 30 hours solid to get there.

There are still a few things to be attended to. Fan club subscription which automatically opens various private areas of the site has been the main thing. Just waiting on some details from their end now.

I kind of agree about the corporate look. The philosophy was that it should be very simple, easy to use and follow web standards. The old website was done in 99 and was (from a users perspective) a load of text pages and text links and it needed to be as easy to use but with modern features. It's a fan portal as much as anything.

I be on it over the weekend, doing crazy hours finishing a few things and I'll be back to posting here more regularly. (yeah, I know, sorry about that but I miss the place)

Nice work! I remember them guys, and just saw In A Big Country on the OnDemand cable thingy, so of course I set the WayBack to 1983 and banged my mullet to it. They were pretty short lived here in Americur. I hope it goes well for them guys still around. Long time since I heard their name. Cripes that was another life!

rct

Good work, Farns!

Are there any plans to add more band photographs - both as individuals and as the group? I'm old enough to remember them in their first incarnation (and, indeed, The Skids before that!) and would love to see the various lineup changes.

P.

Guest farnsbarns

Good work, Farns!

Are there any plans to add more band photographs - both as individuals and as the group? I'm old enough to remember them in their first incarnation (and, indeed, The Skids before that!) and would love to see the various lineup changes.

P.

Yes, there are loads more photos coming (not to mention video gallery, fans pics and fans vids). Just a question of collating them. The management will be updating content through the back end. I'll drop you a line when it changes. Or you could sign up over their a be updated that way. They a touring the crossing album next year, kind of a retrospective tour. You should think about going (coming, I might be there if it's a London venue).

Archived