Gibson Brands Forums

Whos got the best tone and why?

cam011235

quite right i have realised i made an error here ..still i learnt something by that to.. apologies for poor choice of words

No need to apologize my friend. I get you're meaning...

I have different favs for different music...and then sometimes different favs for different times...depends on what I am feeling like at the time or what musical phase i'm going through..

Lately though, i'm digging the guys from Graveyard's tones...

No need to apologize my friend. I get you're meaning...

I have different favs for different music...and then sometimes different favs for different times...depends on what I am feeling like at the time or what musical phase i'm going through..

Lately though, i'm digging the guys from Graveyard's tones...

yeah same here i go through that to with the different styles of music..caught between varying degrees of drive and clean and amp types..actually i got a line 6 valve amp one of the bogner designed ones which i confess i love sometimes..digital modelling may be heresy here but theres times i really enjoy it particularly for recording at lower levels ..i played through alot of valves over the years but this gives me a great variety of tones for the different modes of playing..i like alot of post metal so having the variety of sounds for that is really handy the mesa patch is great with good pups but having the tonal dynamics is important to..alot of good stuff comes from clean or lighter overdrive...its good to mess around with different playing styles from shred to penta blues or hardcore..whatever..its as you say a tone for that mode of playing ..i will have a listen to graveyard ..i am a big ISIS fan who come from hardcore roots and expanded their style..good tonal dynamics too B)

HOLY *#*&^!!!! [scared] OMG!! BRO U DA MAN!!!! [thumbup]

thread officially closed

is that a JMP? and a black beauty..holy #@!$..!! wow.. incredible rig!!

L to R.

58 RI Tobacco Burst.

58 RI Sunrise Teaburst - Figured top.

68 RI Black Custom

57 RI Jr.

Amp. Slash AFD 100.

Other amp (not shown) DSL 100.

003-14.jpg

L to R.

58 RI Tobacco Burst.

58 RI Sunrise Teaburst - Figured top.

68 RI Black Custom

57 RI Jr.

Amp. Slash AFD 100.

Other amp (not shown) DSL 100.

003-14.jpg

awesome..droooll...yeah a jmp would have the 4 inputs theres not many of the slash models i think only limited number were made..how do use the stacks u combine the dsl?

whats your fave guitar? the 68 RI custom looks awesome..as do the bursts...les paul and marshall must be amazing turned up

truly impressive rig u got there!!!

Archived