Gibson Brands Forums

Black Mountain!

Tman5293

Eh! What do I look like? Well scratch that...i don't look like a metalhead but i loves me my metal...and a lot of other stuff...

And XDemonKnight....don't get mad at these cats for not liking metal...it ain't for everyone. Like The Eagles ain't for everyone. Like the Rolling Stones ain't for everyone.

You know..people like what they like.

Who ever said I didn't like Metal. I said I didn't like Scooped Mids and Cookie Monster Vocals. I Love Metal when it has a Vocal Line and some nice guitar tone.

Opeth, Arch Angel, and MEGADETH Kick *** for cryin' out loud. I was in Mosh Pits at Metallica concerts while you kids were honing your Pencil Sharpening Skills. That's what's so darned funny about xdemonknightx tirade being addressed so directly at me. My tongue in cheek comment was pointed at the stagnant condition of today's metal, which, much like today's Hip Hop, has become predictable and lack luster.

What? I wasn't referring to you specifically FM...like I said...you like what you like. Some people like a sub genre of metal but not another one...

It makes no difference to me.

*Edit: Perhaps I should have said "That type of metal" in my original post...to be more clear.

Also, i'm 35 lol. Not really a kid anymore...and what's a pencil? [flapper]

It was cool when Bolt Thrower did it. 25 years later....not so much.

{edit}I forgot to mention, when I say "Cookie Monster Vocals" I'm quoting Dave Mustaine, The Godfather of All that's Metal. So I'm minusing your post for not knowing your Metal History.

I know Dave Mustaine coined it. I consider him pretty far-removed from death metal, though (everything after Youthanasia has basically been pop-rock.)

What? I wasn't referring to you specifically FM...like I said...you like what you like. Some people like a sub genre of metal but not another one...

It makes no difference to me.

*Edit: Perhaps I should have said "That type of metal" in my original post...to be more clear.

Also, i'm 35 lol. Not really a kid anymore...and what's a pencil? [flapper]

Sorry about the pencil comment [blush] , that was just out there not pointed at anyone. And you remember pencils, that's what we drew on our PeeChee Folders with.

I know Dave Mustaine coined it. I consider him pretty far-removed from death metal, though (everything after Youthanasia has basically been pop-rock.)

Megadeth did get a little too commercial int he late 90's, but their newer stuff is Back to Megadeth. And no matter when you saw them it was a Great Show.

i dig metal it is my first love i like other styles of music but i will always go for good post metal..some hardcore is good but i think its something the youmger dudes like i saw some hardcore bands the other night and i really liked them u get used to them actually they make a lot of other stuff sound poppy and whimpy ..a good band ISIS came from hardcore roots and sort of evolved keeping that agressive side but developing a softer more experimantal side ..there are some amazing players these days some shredders are incredible but i wont like listen to shred for hours for enjoyment but will enjoy the skills alot

The Sheepdogs are super awesome, and I dig the firebirds [thumbup]

Sheepdogs were on Project Runway last week. Pretty snoozy stuff, but I lived through that time, so it's kinda passe to me. Good band though.

rct

Archived