Gibson Brands Forums

Every Time Old Folks Die----played on my Hummingbird

MissouriPicker

This is a song I recently finished. Got the idea from an old adage I found on someone's page on Facebook: "Every time an old man dies a library burns down." Anyways, having a blast with the guitars and the new cam.....Thanks in advance for taking a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMissouripicker?feature=mhee

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.....E-minor, I don't know about right-hand rolls...lol...It's either one of or a combination of the 5-6 picking patterns I inter-change and mix. Forty-plus years of playing can get you into a style rut and I just try and use a variety of things. I don't always play a song the same way twice in a row....Anyways, thanks to everyone for all the kind words.

MP -

I'm browsing through the videos I missed this week and came across your little gem.

I agree with Denis - I really like the folksy tilt of your playing and singing on this one.

Great stuff. . B)

Nice song sir! I like your down to earth, human and folksy vibe as well as your sense of humour [thumbup]

btw, your playing is quite good; fingerpicking is not easy and you have a nice flowing and laid back style [thumbup]

This is a song I recently finished. Got the idea from an old adage I found on someone's page on Facebook: "Every time an old man dies a library burns down." Anyways, having a blast with the guitars and the new cam.....Thanks in advance for taking a listen.

http://www.youtube.c...er?feature=mhee

Nicely done!!! You have a way of making the writing, the singing and the playing look easy--which is a real gift. The secret ingredient, if you will. And it's clear you and Irene go way back--great vibe! Thanks for sharing!

Archived