Gibson Brands Forums

do you play THE LOTTERY?

S t e v e

So far in 2011 Statistics: 25 killed, 243 injured by lightning strikes in the United States alone! I always wonder what these people that get hit by lightning and live, use as an example of something with terrible odds? [flapper]

my grandmother was struck by lightning twice... how come she hasn't won the lottery yet?

The odds of winning the lottery are less than those of being struck by lightning. No way I'm putting my money into a losing proposition like that.

That's true, but even though the odds are bad, you still make it a point to stay inside during a lightening storm.. no?

I spend a few bucks on the lotto maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I never win... but I did work with a girl years ago that did win a few million.

There was a guitar player who won a million dollar lottery. They asked him what he was going to do now that he was rich? He said he was going to keep playing till the money run out. [biggrin]

Nope, I don't play the lottery.

The government backed scam is aimed at poor, ignorant people, those least able to afford a gambling addiction. I am on the side lines of what the addiction can do to a family. It isn't pretty.

I figure the money I have saved over the years by not participating in the lottery could purchase a home and several fine automobiles.... and it has. B)

Archived