Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone else?

Silenced Fred

Yeah totally. You know I <3 Radiohead and Sonic Youth but there are a lot of things like that for me (music & otherwise). I can see Fleet Foxes fitting that catagory for sure. I think they're great but they seldom come up on my iPod. Same with Band of Horses, Pavement (yeah, Pavement.. sorry), Dinosaur Jr, etc.

I would say that this idea also applies to individual albums and songs as well as a lot of other non music-related things.

Yeah totally. You know I <3 Radiohead and Sonic Youth but there are a lot of things like that for me (music & otherwise). I can see Fleet Foxes fitting that catagory for sure. I think they're great but they seldom come up on my iPod. Same with Band of Horses, Pavement (yeah, Pavement.. sorry), Dinosaur Jr, etc.

I would say that this idea also applies to individual albums and songs as well as a lot of other non music-related things.

Yeah man, most definitely. My friend is a huge Pavement fan, and its the same for me. I just can't get into them, Dinosaur Jr is the same, hell a lot of those 90s indie bands that I'm supposed to like or whatever, just can't do it lol

like the idea of a band more than an actual band?

It sounds weird, but you like some live stuff, you like what they represent, but can't sit through an album?

Sonic Youth, Radiohead and Fleet Foxes fit into this category for me

Absolutely. Radiohead is that way with me. I love all the records up to OK Computer, but can hardly listen to any after that.

Hmmm......Today's world is creating lots of ADD..............Interesting........:-k ....

At least we all love Gary Moore...........:^o :^o :^oeusa_whistle.gifeusa_whistle.gifeusa_whistle.gif ...

Hey, how come those whistling guys work for you? They never work when I try to use them. See......

:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Back to the OP, Dave Mathews is one of those bands for me, and +100 to Radiohead

Hey, how come those whistling guys work for you? They never work when I try to use them. See......

:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Back to the OP, Dave Mathews is one of those bands for me, and +100 to Radiohead

I just hate dave matthews band with a passion. don't even wanna like em.

There are tons of bands like that for me, those are just the biggest. bands i want to like, but just can't. not sure what it is. songwriting maybe? [unsure]

Archived